What use does a triple screen buffer have in Max Payne 2???

Hey there...ok...first of all what are "screen buffers" exactly??? Second of all, whats the use of a triple screen buffer??? Single buffer, yes...double buffer, YES...but with the second buffer everything is pretty much perfect right??? From what I understand, a 3rd buffer can't really make animations all that much smoother...what else does a triple buffer have an effect on??? FPS??? I dunno...THANX
C'YA ?:-D

It makes the inside of your monitor all shiny and smooth. :p

If you have the horsepower in your video card, then use Triple Buffer when you have Vsync ON.

If you are running Double Buffer with Vsync On and your card cannot keep filling at the rate of the refresh rate, the FPS will drop to 1/2 of the refresh rate, if it cannot keep up still It will drop to 1/2 of that....and so on... So in this combination, if your refresh rate is set to say 60, If lucky you will get 60 FPS, Unlucky 30 FPS, really unlucky 15 FPS and so on.

Triple Buffering makes all that 1/2 rate crap go away, but it chomps up video memory because now it needs to keep another frame (textures) stored.

And it makes the inside of your monitor shiney. :p

Hey...I noticed that when I switched it on and when I went by fog that it didn't effect the FPS...when it was off the fog would slow down the FPS...sweet!!! All games should have this feature...

And what's up with WLWC??? They closed the whole topic...WTF!!! I can't live without it...I love that section...brings me tons of laughs...wonder if the mods got fed up with all the reposts and news being posted there...I hope it reopens soon...same goes for the search...LOL

Back