What to look for in a Fiber Optic Kit?

Raystream

Limp Gawd
My dad wants to get a Fiber Optic Kit that includes the whole shabang in the next 6 months. But, we need some direction. I have seen various kits on the web from AT@T ( Here ), Lucent ( Here ), HUBBELL ( Here ), etc but I can't find a fracking straight answer if they are propritary to their own branded connectors (Referring to the crimps, etc). So anything particular to look for to get a "Universal" Fiber Optic Kit?

Thanks in advance

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
AT&T-Lucent-Avaya-Systimax are all the same FYI. AT&T patented the ST connector back in the day.
I think each manufacturer, and there are many, has different crimp tools/installation methods. Some are hot melt, some are epoxy, some are crimp....etc.

-Jeff

jeffmoss26 said:
AT&T-Lucent-Avaya-Systimax are all the same FYI. AT&T patented the ST connector back in the day.
I think each manufacturer, and there are many, has different crimp tools/installation methods. Some are hot melt, some are epoxy, some are crimp....etc.

-Jeff
ok, any particular recommendations between the methods of installation that you stated? Also... of the 3 ebay links... what one is more reasonable for the all in one kit that I would like to get?

Back