What to get?

Frallan

Gawd
Well I have a Vapochill PE that Im about to go home to Sweden and get (live in Germany now) but I (or rather my brother) managed to take a chip out of my T-Bird core when we last tried to put it together and since then I havn't been able to afford a new setup. Well I still cant afford to get all I want but Im thinking of getting a XP-M and a DFI LANparty. Is this a wise choice when I have phase change cooling. How far has any1 been able to take the FSB on a XP-M w phase change Im planing to get 512 MB of PC 3700 EB (466 MHz) is it enough to go 1:1 with the CPU or do I need PC 4000 EB?

Also since I allready managed to destroy 1 core which AMD CPUs have heat spreaders (protection against clumpness) on their cores today?

The reason to stay with a Socket A solution is that I have the Socket A adaptor to the vapochill and I cant afford to by a Socket 939 adaptor and the MB+CPU.

/Frallan

You should be fine with the memory (just run it 1:1), last I saw Stag was able to get a Mobile up to 3Ghz with a Phase change but I would think that 2.8 would be about right or so. No heat spreader (the A64 do though), look into getting a Shim for the CPU if your worried about cracking the core. If you want to save some money you should try and find the DFI Infinity, it's exactly the same board as the Lanparty without all those extras and it cost less (about $90 USD compared to $150 USD).

Danke (German)
Tack (Swedish)
Thx (abbrevation)
Much obliged Sir (Brittish English)

And finally just a common Thank you :)

Ihr Willkommen, war es nichts.:) Viel Glueck!

My German is pretty rusty but I hope you understand what I said, lol.

Back