What software can uncompress a MDF file?

Happy Hopping

Supreme [H]ardness
Does Win RAR or Ultra ISO 8 able to read into a MDF file ? If not, how do you burn a MDF file? Would Nero be able to do it?

You can mount it with Daemon Tools just fine but I think the image is made from Alcohol so that's probably a sure bet for burning. I don't remember if I had a successful burn with Nero or not with mdf images but Alcohol should work for sure.

Rename the .mdf to .bin and open it that way, or convert it using UltraISO/MagicISO/WinISO from .bin to .iso are various methods, as are the ones already mentioned.

I'm pretty sure Nero will burn it.

Daemon Tools or Alcohol are your best bet, just mount it and run. Unless of course you need to boot from it, in which case you'd have to burn it anyways.

I discover that WIn RAR can view the MDF file by accident. This is a surprise. Although there is a MDS file that c/w the MDF in the same folder that Win RAR can't view. But after I create the files from the MDF file, everything seems okay.

Best guess is Win RAR read the info. of MDF and MDS file and create the new folder after that

thanks every one

Back