What socket is this clip for? Please help.

clemsyn

Limp Gawd
Joined
Aug 11, 2005
Messages
316
Hi, I bought an SI-97a over e-bay and it came with this clip...the seller said it's for socket A but I don't think so...What's your opinion?

socketclip.jpg
 
im pretty sure that is a socket a clip, not all heatsinks will work with it though,
have to have one thats got some of the fins out of the middle. if i find a pic ill post it
 
ok..tried installing it but no go....the seller forgot to sell me the instructions that's why I have no way of installing it...should I bend the fins in the middle so it will fit? What's your opinion..again this is for the si-97a..
 
That's not an SI97a clip. Not the Socket A or Socket 939. (The 939 has a twist knob in the center.) The SI97a requires a very specific clip which has centering pins, to keep the heatsink in place.
I would email Thermalright support, and see if you can purchase just the clip by itself. There isn't any other clip that will fit the SI97a.
 
Thanks everyone for your reply...I found out it's not the clip for SI-97a as the support staff of thermalright told me...thanks.
 
Back
Top