• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

What should my PPD be?

Spoke too soon! It works, but stops after every unit and I have to close the program and re launch it.. Any idea's?
 
Make sure you don't leave the viewer open any more than necessary. It eats up processor power on the video card, I think 25 to 30 percent. This will increase your time to process the work unit and will drop your PPD. My 285 gives me 7 to 9k a day.
 
I have a similar setup (Q9550@3.6+GTX 285) and based on the replies here I guess the 285 score is fine but I think the CPU PPD should be higher. any ideas?

46877900.jpg
 
I have a similar setup (Q9550@3.6+GTX 285) and based on the replies here I guess the 285 score is fine but I think the CPU PPD should be higher. any ideas?
I believe the problem is the 6701 WU you are crunching. Those are much slower than other SMP WUs. We all despise them and their kissing cousin, the 6702.
 
I believe the problem is the 6701 WU you are crunching. Those are much slower than other SMP WUs. We all despise them and their kissing cousin, the 6702.

oh I see, good to know some WU are slower than others.
anyway I just got back from work and things are looking better now

19372553.jpg
 
Yeah, that's more in line with what I would expect from that unit. You're good to go.
 
How common is 6701/6702 because I seem to almost get nothing but 6701 for my main rigs cpu which is annoying because I am nearly 12k ppd when going through another wu, but drop to like 7.7k when going through one of those two.
 
How common is 6701/6702 because I seem to almost get nothing but 6701 for my main rigs cpu which is annoying because I am nearly 12k ppd when going through another wu, but drop to like 7.7k when going through one of those two.
They are fairly common. As always, the units you get are down to luck of the draw.
 
Back
Top