• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

What open box items to avoid?

eat2na

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jun 9, 2003
Messages
441
I've noticed "Open Box" motherboards VGA's and cpu's at Newegg but I wonder how many people send back their motherboards and cpu's after they overclock the crap out of therm or slighty damaging them. Would buying hard drive's open box be ok? What would you never buy as an open box?
 
Hard drive never, it probably got beat up being shipped twice and installed. Wireless never because I have problems with wireless when its new, don't want others problems. Everything else would be a judgement call if the savings are worth the risk of a bad part.
 
I would never get open box tbh. Unless you really absolutely need to, it's always a gamble. Newegg even says its a gamble. If anything I would get something that doesn't have moving parts (possibly cpu, motherboard, ram, just because there isn't any moving parts to fail). But again, I would still avoid it.
 
the only open box item i ever purchased is my msi h2 5830 and i got it for about 70 bucks less then new at the time. its been great. i have had no complaints at all. but yes its always a gamble.
Posted via [H] Mobile Device
 
Back
Top