What kind of Antenna connector is this?

antok86

[H]F Junkie
i recently bought a trendnet TEW-647GA adapter. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833156258 i was getting a weak signal so i thought of prying it open to see what kind of antenna connections i can add if any. im assuming these are connections for antennas?
7e0ee269.jpg

there are two of these one on each side of the board. the pigtails i have are different as shown in the picture

from experience disassembling and fixing laptops I can safely say that it's commonly found as the antenna connector inside them that attaches to the wlan card...

I'm not aware of the name though.

from experience disassembling and fixing laptops I can safely say that it's commonly found as the antenna connector inside them that attaches to the wlan card...

I'm not aware of the name though.

i dont think thats the one. the ones usually used in laptops are connectors that look like a male which has a middle post. this one has a hole in it

anybody know where i can just solder the pigtail leads to this connector

It's definitely not RP-SMA. That's the connector used on many external antenna connections.

It looks almost like some sort of reverse Hirose U.FL (commonly found on laptop WLAN cards/antennas).

i dont think thats the one. the ones usually used in laptops are connectors that look like a male which has a middle post. this one has a hole in it
you're right, I never really looked that closely at the middle before you mentioned it...

its SMD, not thru-hole, so you would have to remove the on-board connector there and solder to the pads underneath it.

this is what i was thinking or scraping the pcb till i got to the antenna underneath the pcb then solder the pigtail to it

Back