What IS the PNY GTX 260 SLI Savings?

Rebate form doesn't say you have to buy 2 cards - in fact, it says you can only use 1 rebate per person, which makes it actually worse to buy 2 cards...weird.

Scroll down about midways and on the left you will see Combo Deals, click "view all",and you will see it has a Vid Card + PSU combo, Vid Card + Windows Combo, and then a Double Vid Card Combo. $399 AR

Under combo deals you will see that there are several of them. One of them is the SLI deal for 499.99, but it will be 399.99 after a 100.00 rebate.

Nice deal.

pretty sweet deal really. not fond of PNY however, BFG need to do this

Yeah I'm not touching a PNY product. I'm buying one XFX one now and, if SLI ever improves, with game makers putting out proper SLI drivers upon game release, I'll buy another card later.

hey whats wrong with pny?

Warranty is good, but sometimes their tech support isn't the best. I've called EVGA, BFG, Gigabyte, PNY, and ASUS for tech support in my time. Had good experiences and talked to real people every time EXCEPT PNY and Gigabyte - not impressed with either.

PNY mostly makes reference nVidia stuff, and they often do lifetime warranties, so their products should be as solid as the next brand.

Part of the problem is that GTX 260 SLI is pretty overkill for anyone not running gigantic 25x16 resolution.

For most of us, by the time we'd need that second card, the price will probably drop to $150 or there'll be something better out to replace it.

Part of the problem is that GTX 260 SLI is pretty overkill for anyone not running gigantic 25x16 resolution.

For most of us, by the time we'd need that second card, the price will probably drop to $150 or there'll be something better out to replace it.

Well for those that do have 24" plus and want to run the latest games with all the eyecandy this deal freaking scorches. $400 for a sick SLI setup that'll run stuff balls to the wall ... :eek:

get a good psu.

hey whats wrong with pny?

nothing terribly wrong just when you compare them to the big three they really look bad. Lackluster. they are probably no worse then sapphire really. For myself I would spend a little more and get a BFG, XFX, EVGA, even zotac is not bad. I would rather pay a little more and get the customer service.

I have a 'good PSU' - and a sound enough mind not to waste $400 on a no-name company with a poor service record and a propensity for selling broken video cards.

My 260 SLI setup is getting it's ass handed to it by S.T.A.L.K.E.R. : Clear Sky. And that is only at 1920x1200. :(

Well, those devs are renowned for buggy and broken code and they couldn't design a Windows screensaver that would run well on a quad SLI GTX 280.

I just played through Clear Sky. I didn't have nearly as many problems with it as I did with the original; I was pleasantly surprised just how well it played for me. I had it at max. settings DX 9 enhanced dynamic light 1680 x 1050. and it ran perfect for hours straight on a single GTX 260. The few crashes I experienced had more to do with my page file usage (and how I have it set-up) than any bugs with the game.

The only real problem I had with the game was the main story wasn't all that great, though the gunplay and A.I. were spectacular. ;)

I had it at max. settings DX 9 enhanced dynamic light 1680 x 1050.

That right there is why it ran well on a single GTX.

I have only just recently added a second card for SLI. I was previously playing Age of Conan, STALKER:CS, World in Conflict, and TF2 on my previous monitor, a 22"(1680x1050) westy, and they ran ok. Upgraded my monitor to 1920x1200, and I needed some more horsepower. I SLI'd and expected to be able to turn up the eye candy at the same time, but I am realizing that it still isn't enough. le sigh.

That right there is why it ran well on a single GTX.

I have only just recently added a second card for SLI. I was previously playing Age of Conan, STALKER:CS, World in Conflict, and TF2 on my previous monitor, a 22"(1680x1050) westy, and they ran ok. Upgraded my monitor to 1920x1200, and I needed some more horsepower. I SLI'd and expected to be able to turn up the eye candy at the same time, but I am realizing that it still isn't enough. le sigh.

Not a big fan of DX 10 yet. Seems like too much performance trade-off for a little bit more eye candy.

I thought the DX9 enhanced looked pretty darn good.

I think the comparisons show that a SLI GTX 260 barely outperforms a GTX 280. That's pretty sad.

You're right, I was only looking at Crysis, where the only thing another 260 got you was 2xAA.

For me and a lot of other people though, another 260 would also mean another PSU.

Back