what is ddr 3?

GDDR3 is staring to be used on graphics cards, it offers a bit lower power requirements, and higher scalling than (G)DDR II.

Don't expect to be buying a stick of DDR3 anytime soon though.
 
Considering the design limitations of SDRAM's in general (Including DDR and DDR2) I would expect an entirely new memory technology after this.
 
FreiDOg said:
GDDR3 is starting to be used on graphics cards, it offers a bit lower power requirements, and higher scalling than (G)DDR II.

Don't expect to be buying a stick of DDR3 anytime soon though.
That and it runs cooler than DDR2 :)
 
bornin1975 said:
no "rush." i am just preocupied if ddr4 is coming...?!! :( ;) :)

and why, praytell, do you want DDR4? there isnt even a use for DDR2 right now, what makes you think DDR4 will be around anytime soon?
 
Hopefully by the time people would even think of a DDR4, we'll have mRAM or the like.
 
haha, i like that. "I DDR3 coming soon? Because what i really want is DDR4!!!" I hope this guy has patience.
 
I thought Rambus got out of the memery market and their technology bought up by someone else?

In anycase, solid state RAM is the next thing. Instant boot-up and the like would be awesome.
 
EQTakeOffense said:
I thought Rambus got out of the memery market and their technology bought up by someone else?

In anycase, solid state RAM is the next thing. Instant boot-up and the like would be awesome.

Rambus is still around, not making anything anymore, just suing everyone into buying IP licenses from them.

RAM is already solid state, you mean solid state Hard Drives..

Also, after DDR2 I would expect for systems the next step will be QDR (though I could be wrong) a few VIA chipsets are already testing support for this. http://www.extremetech.com/article2/0,1558,1154194,00.asp

==>Lazn
 
Lazn_Work said:
Rambus is still around, not making anything anymore, just suing everyone into buying IP licenses from them.

RAM is already solid state, you mean solid state Hard Drives..

Also, after DDR2 I would expect for systems the next step will be QDR (though I could be wrong) a few VIA chipsets are already testing support for this. http://www.extremetech.com/article2/0,1558,1154194,00.asp

==>Lazn

They are developing XDR. Go to their page some time.
http://www.rambus.com/products/xdr/
 
Back
Top