• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

What Headphones?

  • Thread starter Deleted member 89137
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 89137

Guest
I have a pair of sennheiser hd485's but they are really starting to fall apart, and I would like something with better sound quality, as these aren't exactly perfect. budget is around $150-200
preferably would like to use amazon.com as I have a gift card there!
 
do you like open or closed?
around-the-ear or on-the-ear?
will you be using an amp?
 
I'm going to infer open circumaural from your current set. AD700 would be a place to start looking.
 
sorry I am an idiot. I want open, circumaural headphones preferably. I do not have an amp, not sure where to buy one or for how much. I like listening to metal and rock and I game a lot, also like listening to rap and hip hop with deep bass lines and hard hitting bass.
 
open circumaural and no amp?
yes, i will echo the recommendation of audio technica ad700 or ad900
 
are the ad700's going to be any better than my hd485? I am looking for an upgrade really, just curious as the price is exactly the same
 
Hmm, should be. But there aren't many better options without an amp, and the AD700 is undemanding in that department. Double the budget and with a good amp we'd be looking at HD600s maybe.
 
I could do $300 if you think it's really worth it, how long do you thinksaid hd600 last? On amazon they are $270 plus I need an amp, what would be a good amp?
 
for hd600, you'd probably need to be looking at around 150-200 for an entry level amp
 
oh forget that. maybe ill do a bit of research on the ad700's and see if they are my best bet after all
 
Back
Top