What do you think is causing this?????

Jerm357

Weaksauce
What do you think is causing this?????

Ok ,Well I ve been on the rig in my sig for about a year except my hard drive came from my old build so its about 2 1/2 years old. Anyways about three weeks ago I woke up and turned my PC on and I got nothing but a black screen with with an error message saying "Load needed DLLs for kernel files missing or corrupt".

I have never seen this before so instead of trying a repair, I just formated and reinstalled Windows XP home and every thing was fine. About four or five days later I powered up the system again and it was back. The same error I got before, so this time I tried a repair and managed to get things back to normal. A few days later I boot up and the black screen with a new message saying "Windows could not start because the following file is missing or corrupt C:\windows\system32\config\system"

This time I did another format and fresh install and it lasted three more days until I got the first error message again "Load needed DLLs for kernel files missing or corrupt"
What the hell is going on here? Im just looking for some ideas of what you guys think is happening and what the cause is. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Something is corrupting your install files. Either a bad HDD or unstable OC

run mem86 memory checker. you can search and download for free.

any red errors and its a bad stick.

A whole load of things could cause the problem.
Start off by slowing your FSB by 100MHz and see if your system can run stable.
Once you have it functional you can find what is at fault.

In case it helps I recently had an almost identical issue when the ram was clocked too high, so maybe your ram is having trouble.

Well I ran Memtest for 5 1/2 hours with 11 passes and got no errors. I take this as it must have been the hard drive. Would you guys say the same or do you think I should have run Memtest longer?

If the ram passes, then the ram is ok.
It doesnt tell you what is at fault.

Back