What can I do with 15 laptops?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jozone said:
I am just stumped as to why you bring these 15 laptops home every weekend, I think carrying around my 1 laptop is enough.

It's part of his cardio workout.
 
I travel every other week doing training at different offices throughout the state. The laptops are my portable training facility. I travel with the laptops and switches and set it up in a different location each week. So on the weekends, they are at my home.

And yes it is quite a workout. 16 laptops, power bricks and mice, 2 switches, 20+ network cables, 6+ power strips/surge protectors, at least 2 boxes of 70-page manuals...
 
nomar said:
I travel every other week doing training at different offices throughout the state. The laptops are my portable training facility. I travel with the laptops and switches and set it up in a different location each week. So on the weekends, they are at my home.

And yes it is quite a workout. 16 laptops, power bricks and mice, 2 switches, 20+ network cables, 6+ power strips/surge protectors, at least 2 boxes of 70-page manuals...
damn that is a workout... What field are you training people in? (if you dont mind me asking)
 
you came up with 3 perfectly good things to do in your first post....

- CD Ripping farm. Rip the rest of my CDs to mp3 (I have a huge collection and a lot already in LAME apx).

- LAN game - there's got to be some cool LAN game I could play with my friends that doesn't require a great graphics card. Any ideas? Maybe original UT or CS.

- DIVX/Xvid encoding farm. Might be able to get a bunch of my videos done.

so why dont you do those....since i haven't seen any useful posts besides "hey give me a laptop even though i already have one" and "F@H 4Life!"
 
aznstyl said:
what's up with the F@H y'all talking about? I must live in a cave or something. F@H? what is it?

Be sure to stop into the DC forum if you have questions.......and by all means fold for 33!
 
nomar said:
Watching them run F@H is not fun.

Who says you have to watch them? :rolleyes: Fold then do fun stuff with them (LAN, etc).

And GeForceX I'm sure you don't want to get into a battle of intellectual capabilites with me.

Whoa. I have no idea how that came about. I don't think I mentioned anything about being more intellectual than you are. Take it easy there, big guy. :rolleyes:

Either way, your proposals are good. I suggest Quakeworld, BTW. :) Very light on onboard graphics card. And have fun watching your encodings and ripping. :D

-J.
 
Set them up like dominos back to back, tip one over, watch em fall. :p
 
just another idea, set them all up in your office/computer room at home and post a pic in the "post your workstation" thread. taht should start a good 2 page rant/jelousy posting :)

you should have them set up in a big semi circle around you and have something stupid going on each one, for example, freecell, solitare, internet reversie, hearts, aol chat room, etc.

i think it would be pretty funny
 
undeadsac said:
give me one

This joke has been done more times in this thread than a hooker during Mardi Gras gives blowjobs. Come up with some newer material for your postcount++ ;)
 
ThomasE66 said:
This joke has been done more times in this thread than a hooker during Mardi Gras gives blowjobs. Come up with some newer material for your postcount++ ;)


dang, I'm sorry, I was just trying to be a smartass. :D :cool:


Mod Edit - ....this is General[H]ardware. You're in the wrong section for "smartass"...:rolleyes: B.B.S.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top