What ancient pc game do you want remade?

tybert7

2[H]4U
For me, magic carpet. Horrible name, fantastic game that made you feel like the most powerful being in the damn universe, flinging out gashes that cut into the entire earth and hurling chunks into the land.

It was the feeling of unlimited power while reshaping the land, killing monsters, and gaining more power and smiting your enemy wizard versions of you.

Better than doom, a THOUSAND times better than doom. More imaginative and impressive skills and abilities. And yet it did not take off.

Bullfrog was bought, the franchise died, and will not be necroed thanks to EA or whoever.

I would like a remake of Star Wars Rebellion from 1997. I liked the idea of a strategy game on a galatic scale where you could send agents on missions and have big space battles. I haven't liked any of the newer Star Wars RTS games but I always liked Rebellion even though it was far from perfect.

Tribes 1 no changes just a graphic update with the EXACT same unchanged gameplay.
Posted via [H] Mobile Device

X-Wing Vs Tie Fighter

Modern graphics and physics, massive online multiplayer!

It's not ancient, but probably Freelancer from 2003.

Not just graphically. I felt that it was a beautifully developed game that could have been so much better than it worked out to be. The plot was very exciting but too fast and quick. The game was balanced for the singleplayer campaign, which made multiplayer completely unbalanced.

It could have been so much more than it was.

Another excellent remake would be Perfect Dark from N64. Remake it to use the Source engine and it would kick so much ass.

I know it sounds stupid and will never happen but I want nintendo to remake ocarina of time for the pc with everything exactly the same except controls, graphics, and the complete removal of navi (LISTEN! LISTEN! HEY! LISTEN!).

I know it sounds stupid and will never happen but I want nintendo to remake ocarina of time for the pc with everything exactly the same except controls, graphics, and the complete removal of navi (LISTEN! LISTEN! HEY! LISTEN!).

I liked Navi, she was a useful tool for a full 3D environment where from time to time you wouldn't think of looking up for a mission objective. This was a first for Zelda after all. I would love a remake of this game (or Link to the Past), with beautiful graphics. Never gonna happen, about as likely as Nintendo making a PC version of Pokemon as an MMO. I would die of happiness if Nintendo became a software company like Sega and made PC games.

Top of the list: Redneck Rampage

Next Up: Crusader Series

Hope you guys don't mind me listing a non PC game. Chrono Trigger.

Last edited:
Tie Fighter , god I wasted so much time in it.

If developers took good advantage of the modern day hardware ...omg it could be completely incredible.

Tie Fighter - broke more than one flightstick playing that game
Crusader - just so much fun

I'd like to see some of the older FMV games re-made now, like Sewer Shark or Phantasmagoria.

Tie Fighter , god I wasted so much time in it.

If developers took good advantage of the modern day hardware ...omg it could be completely incredible.

X-Wing and Tie-Fighter. Future Star Wars flight sims didn't retain the feel of the controls.

After playing X-Wing i was kinda hesitant to try the Tie-Fighters. But the thing turned out to be deadly. It's got low armor, no shields, pathetic lasers, but the thing could turn on a dime at full throttle and fly right through a wall of turbo lasers without getting a scratch.

Where has Darth Vader been recruiting his pilots???

Would be nice to get a Star Wars flightsim with the flight characteristics of the those old games.

Turok 2
No one lives forever 1
AVP2
NFS porsche unleashed
Septera Core
Nox
Max Payne
Soldier of Fortune 1
RTCW
Thief 2
Half-Life 1 ( cmon black mesa source !! where are you ??? )
Opposing Force

I started pc gaming "only" 11 years ago so these games are not that ancient, but they really deserve a graphics rehaul so that newer generations of gamers will give them a fair chance.

Age of Wonders Shadow Magic with improved ai and graphics.

Chrono friggin Trigger. There used to be a 3D-remake going on in 2004 or something but Squaresoft/Enix whatever put it down.

Battlezone 2, then again its not THAT ancient.
I'd say Gorilla from the DOS days but its been remade a couple of times already. Snake as well.

Good lord what a frustratingly awesome question :)

There's no one game, there are so many that deserve remakes, some good ones already mentioned like ROTT, SpaceHulk, X-wing vs Tie fighter.

I'd like to see some Bullfrogs games remade but kept in the same sort of quaint 2D format, I can't stand these 3D remakes of old games like Sam & Max and Tales of Monkey Island where they get a really lame 3D applied that looks rubbish.

Give me more of Dungeon keeper, Theme Hospital, Syndicate Wars, Magic Carpet, Populus and even Theme park if done right. Bullfrog still remain my all time favourite development studio, long gone but not forgotten. There has been attempts are remaking some of these games but generally speaking they were too modern for their own good trying to go fully 3D and missing the cartoon nature of a lot of these titles.

Back