Western or Seagate?

What are you doing with the drive? What prompted you to ask us to choose between two drives from different manufacturers, capacities, generations, and costs?
 
I'm looking for best quality/speed for gaming and working. Ignore the size.
 
There isn't really much difference aside from the capacity. Both are 7200RPM with 16MB cache. Possibly the Seagate could be faster because it has a smaller capacity.

I've only used Western Digital, and I love them. So...WD! :D
 
There isn't really much difference aside from the capacity. Both are 7200RPM with 16MB cache. Possibly the Seagate could be faster because it has a smaller capacity.

I've only used Western Digital, and I love them. So...WD! :D

Why would the smaller capacity drive be faster?

I thought larger drives had higher platter density (and as a result would be faster).
 
The seagate will be faster because its perpendicular, but I trust WD hard drives not to fail more.
 
Arrived yesterday from newegg...

space_03s.jpg

space_04s.jpg

space_05s.jpg
 
Wrapped up like little 500gig footballs, except mine had a little box around it (covered 4 of the 6 corners. Good luck with your purchase.
 
Back
Top