Web site and DNS tracking

delemorte

Gawd
I have recently come up with a new employee in the office that is having issues staying on task. I need to set up a some way to monitor the web activity on the network.

All traffic goes thru a win2k3 server and we are only talking 5 clients. I have resources to monitor each PC seperately but i thought i might be easier to just do it from the server.

I think i have heard good things about Open DNS but i was not sure what was up with that. What do you guys use?

Budget is maybe a few hudred dollars per year on any given solution but willing to look at others.

Thanks

OpenDNS is free and works pretty well for a free solution. You can view site usage for the entire organization, but not per user.

If you want a much more robust solution, Websense Express is around $30 per user per year. If you are running Active Directory or have a Small Business Server in place, it will fully integrate with the network and give you very detailed logging and blocking.

OpenDNS is free and works pretty well for a free solution. You can view site usage for the entire organization, but not per user.

If you want a much more robust solution, Websense Express is around $30 per user per year. If you are running Active Directory or have a Small Business Server in place, it will fully integrate with the network and give you very detailed logging and blocking.

I do have it set up thru Ad so ill check it out. thanks.

Back