wavemaster front fan replacement...

jwill

2[H]4U
i cant figure out how im suppose to go about taking the front fans out of the wavemaster. theyre screwed on from the front. it seems im suppose to take the front bezel off to replace them but i cant seem to figure it out. has anyone done this who can help me or is this even possible? youd think it should be because if the fans failed, theyd need to be replaced.

thanks if you can help.

I swapped the fans on my ATC-201 case.

You have to remove the front bezel, remove the filter, then you can unscrew the fans.

I can't figure from the pics how to get the bezel off on the wave master.

Look on the bottom or inside the case for some screws.

They might be torx screws also. So you know.

thanks for the reply. ive emailed koolance yesterday when i posted this. hopefully they can explain it.

ill keep at it and post how it goes.

Koolance?? You mean Coolermaster right?? Make sure you didnt email the wrong people

Originally posted by Sc0rched
Koolance?? You mean Coolermaster right?? Make sure you didnt email the wrong people
lol. yes i meant coolermaster. i just have koolance on the brain because ive been wanting an exos-al. thanks for pointing that out. funny me. :rolleyes:

still havent figured it out, although i havent been working on it much since yesterday.

something coolermaster related i wanted to post, about the wavemaster case and an areogate II. if you try and mount the aerogate II into the lowest 5.25 bay it wont fit. you have to remove the little 60mm fan or so from the curcuit board since it hits the one side when you try and slide it in. this is no big deal mind you, the fan did basically nothing anyways. i just think coolermaster should try all their own products with each other in every possible configuration. id be another thing if it was a 3rd party product in the case.

anyways, still waiting for an email from 'coolermaster' :).

edit: also another reason i wanted to replace the front fans not only because theyre plain but because instead of a 3pin hookup they use the larger 4pin molex. youd think coolermaster would stay with 3pin since all theyre fan controlling devices use 3pin.

anyways. :rolleyes:

if anybody has done this to their wavemaster or knows how to, please post.

thanks again.

success.

there are two screws directly under the bezel on the bottom of the case. somewhat obvious but i guess i wasnt giving my 100% to removing the bezel.

it was not easy at all with the door incorporated into the front bezel, keeping the alignment together whille putting it back together. itll be interesting how coolermaster will instruct me to do it, if at all.

anyways thanks for the help.

Back