Watercooling for P180.

swtaznsorjai

Limp Gawd
Hi,

I am looking for a watercooling kit to install into a P180. I am hoping for something that looks very neat, I do not mind spending countless hours on it. I am looking for an ALL internal system which is powerful enough to water cool several components such as the CPU (E6600), GPU (8800 GTX), Chipset, and maybe rams as well. I am also looking for it to be silence or near silence setup.

Please provide me with any suggestion you have.

Thanks in advance

Premade kits are not too great, especially for the components you want to cool.

Custom kits are generally much better (and more fun!). I don't recommend cooling the ram (as they usually use 1/4" tubing and restrictive, therefore will decrease the flow rate of your entire loop!). A chipset cooler might not be needed either.

You need these components:
Pump
Waterblocks for CPU and GPU
Radiator
Reservior or T-line
Tubing

Here is a suggested list:
Swiftech 655 (D5)
Dtek Fuzion CPU Block
EK 8800 GTX block
Thermochill 120.3 or Swiftech MCR320 (about 1/3 the price for 75% of the performance)
Swiftech Micro-Res
Masterkleer 7/16" tubing.

Remember that your case will probably need some extensive modification, especially if you want to fit the big radiator in there. I have a p180 myself and it isn't big enough to fit a triple radiator stock (I have mine sticking out of the back).

Hope that helps

thats alot of info. Thanks man.

What do you think of using two single 120MM radiators?
* one on top exhaust and one at back exhaust.

Has anybody tried this?

Well, what thisperson did is quite similar to what you want to do. One 120mm radiator on top exhaust and 1 on rear.

You should also read thisand see if it helps.

Well, what thisperson did is quite similar to what you want to do. One 120mm radiator on top exhaust and 1 on rear.

You should also read thisand see if it helps.

That is some great info. Thanks alot Kaosrah.

I haven't got a chance to look through it yet. I will probably decide base on this info.

Thanks again.

Still looking for more options. Any info will be apprecaited. Thanks again in advance.

thats alot of info. Thanks man.

What do you think of using two single 120MM radiators?
* one on top exhaust and one at back exhaust.

Has anybody tried this?

Internally the top exhaust is out, too close to the MB, as well as bumping into any rear internal radiator. But if you want a triple set up...one of those links has a really fine example I must say :D

i have an all internal setup with a coolermaster atcs 201-bks.

HWLabs 120GT rad
Laing D5 pump
tdx socket A
maze 4 chipset
7 x 1/2in koolance compression fittings
5 x coolsleeves 500
6' of 1/2in braided sleeve to cover the tubes

creative routing a large hole in the top of my case and all custome wiring (time killer, by days) and a few headaches was all it took. i have seen more impressive but i will only take internal and i dont like large cases so i had no choice.

Here's my P180.

Blocks:
Swiftech Apogee, MCW60, MCW30

Radiator:
Thermochill PA160 (fits perfectly on the stock fan holes)

Pump:
Eheim 1080

Relay:
Noise Isolator

Temps are excellent and the computer is dead silent (my monitor's buzzing drives me up the wall now). Everything is self contained which was important since I move the computer frequently. I think these setups that have a bazillion fans and radiators are ridiculous so I kept it simple and despite everyone's warnings, heat isn't an issue and everything's worked perfectly.

117306.jpg

the more 160 use I see, the more I find myself urning to make short work of that last 5" bay to accommodate it.

Having the 180 revision that doesn't separate that bay with studs is kinda lame.

I think these setups that have a bazillion fans and radiators are ridiculous so I kept it simple and despite everyone's warnings, heat isn't an issue and everything's worked perfectly.

Kinda depends on the heatload/application though. Overvolted Conroe's and 8800's in the same loop generate lots of heat, often needing more than a PA160.

Will this setup work good??

Is it correct?

Pump ==> CUP==> GPU ===> Radiadtor === Reservior

Pump - DDC-2/MCP355 - modified to 1/2" tubing
Radiator - HW Labs Black Ice Xtreme 120mm Radiator
Clams - Stainless Steel Worm-Drive Hose Clamp (Wide Band w/Liner)
Tube - /2" ID (3/4" OD) Tygon R-3603 Laboratory-Grade Tubing
Resevoir - EK-RES150 Multi-Option Reservoir
Waterblock - AquaXtreme MP-05 SP Limited Edition Universal CPU Water Block - 1/2"
GPU Waterblock - Danger Den Full Coverage NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTX Water Block with Backplate *GTX Only* 1/2IN Barbs

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

You could always just run 2 120 radiator loops, first radiator in the rear exhaust fan postion and the second in the lower front, in front of the PSU. Plenty of room for pumps and the like in the lower compartment as well.

Example of rear radiator placement:
39te6.jpg

Example of front lower compartment radiator placement.
dsc00092tl6.jpg

dsc00050aw0.jpg

Improved front air intake..........:D
dsc00065dd2.jpg

At stock settings it does very good, at mild OC's it does OK, but you can pretty much forget high OC's, it heats up pretty fast, but not as fast as air cooling. With each on it's own loop, there's plenty of fun to be had.............:eek:

It's a heavy guage mesh from a custom security window company that a friend of mine "USED" to work at. Now my supply is slowly running out.............:eek:

You could always just run 2 120 radiator loops, first radiator in the rear exhaust fan postion and the second in the lower front, in front of the PSU. Plenty of room for pumps and the like in the lower compartment as well.

Example of rear radiator placement:
39te6.jpg

Example of front lower compartment radiator placement.
dsc00092tl6.jpg

dsc00050aw0.jpg

Improved front air intake..........:D
dsc00065dd2.jpg

Are these tubing more bendable than the one that I linked to??

Also, what would be the best direction water should flow??

Which radiator would you recommend??

Back