Watercooling a AMD 64 DTR

Crazy Larry

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Oct 12, 2004
Messages
1,137
Just recently purchased a AMD 64 3200+ DTR and a Asus K8N mobo (Socket 754). From reading different articles & posts on the web it looks like my Innovatek InnovaCOOL Rev3 block is going to properly fit (due to the 2mm gap where the heatspreader would be). I just purchased a DangerDen TDX 3/8" Copper Water Block from FrozenCPU.com (link below)

http://www.frozencpu.com/cgi-bin/frozencpu/ex-blc-88.html

I wanted to know if anyone else has used this block to cool their AMD 64 DTR and if anyone has had success in general watercooling a AMD 64 DTR.
 
Most important thing to remember is that a bare die will only tolerate 20 to 30 pounds of mounting force, whereas heatspreaders get 60 to 100 pounds. When you tighten the block down, compress the springs only a third as much as the directions say.
 
Thanks for the tip! This will be my 1st proc since the old p3 slot 1's that I haven't used a shim to protect the core. Haven't found any site that actually makes one for the AMD 64 DTR.
 
Back
Top