Water? Vapor? Something else?

darktom

n00b
Joined
Jul 14, 2004
Messages
12
So i'm building a new system for myself.
I've been sorta agonizing over the past couple weeks whether i should go with water cooling or vapor phase.
I'm planning on LGA775 3.0 & 6800 GT-
So I was kinda thinking that I should go with water as I can include the vid card in the system and O/C both.
I was gonna put a pelt on the processor just because the prescott is so fuckin hot.
in either case-
what do you guys think about water systems from danger den and if you vote
for vapor- which is best right now? whatever happened to the prometeia?
-t
 
W/ water, u have lots of places for leaks. W/ phase, yes there's chances of leaks ( from condensation ) but not lots of tubing to deal w/.

I would personally go w/ phase. I like mine and I'm sure u will also, plus, you will always wonder "what if".

prom's are no longer made. company is gone, but the systems are awesome.
 
I would go for water and hold out on the peltier untill there are condesation prevention guides for the lga775.
 
Water and peltier is so much quieter than a phase change system, with similar performance in terms of temperatures. Plus you can integrate the GPU cooling into the system.
 
yeah. I decided on dual independent water cooling systems. 1 for gpu 1 for cpu.
hopefully it'll work out nicely.

pro: both on sep. system
can add peltier later
gpu taken care of

con:
separate systems- more room for failure i guess.

-t
 
hmm, dont know why you did two water loops, but okay. Guess your one step closer to using swiffy's water chiller =)
 
i guess I did it because of the space issues i was having. coolermaster makes a really slick looking 3/8" system- i think i'll use that for the gpu.
that way i can concentrate my custom system on the cpu.
 
Back
Top