Water cooled, hitting 73c at load - help!

Lol shit you know call me odd or something or maybe i just spent too much time on forums and gaming lobby's with no admins in site over the years but reading a good noOb rage forum thread one in a blue moon is one hellafunny.

eq9tti.jpg

Btw yes that all in one water cooling setup sucks monkey poo.
Get a real water cooling setup if you want decent temps and no 70C + zone is suxors

Last edited:
Lol shit you know call me odd or something or maybe i just spent too much time on forums and gaming lobby's with no admins in site over the years but reading a good noOb rage forum thread one in a blue moon is one hellafunny.

1337.jpg

Btw yes that all in one water cooling setup sucks monkey poo.
Get a real water cooling setup if you want decent temps and no 70C + zone is suxors

Say that to the rasa owners.

Kits dont really "suck" but if you start chasing for 1 or 2 degrees they arent as good as a self assembled.

OP. you might want to try better or push pull fans. I think those 25mm rads have a pretty high FPI if im not mistaken.

Try thermal paste first. And im surprised no one has asked, what are your ambients.

@ 19c ambient, im getting like high 60's load @1.38v with a 1.3 qpi

After looking at this review of the cooling kit in question [link] more fans seems to help, as well from what i can tell of the review in question theirs air cooling setups that can do better.
Problem with the all in one kits is all too often the pumps are small and they are aren't very good, as well the pipeline are tiny and who even knows how they make their water blocks.

XSPC Rasa 750 RS240 Watercooling Kit info links.
[link]
[link]

The XSPC Rasa 750 RS240 Watercooling Kit using a i7-950 overclocked to 4.0GHz~1.25v holds 53c under full load all cores at ambient air temp of 21.5c and costs about $150+tax

20C difference vs the all in one kit in question.
Heres a youtube vid of what comes in the kit.
[link]

My self i use one of the first ever made thermaltake big water full size kits[pic] on a e5200 overclocked at 1.365v at all most 4000mgz and it never gos past 50c, at 1.5v at 4300mgz
cpu temps are bouncing around the 60c zone.

My rad is all so external with like 6 feet of pipeline and the more of this you have the more the pipeline acts like a rad in a way too.
I could one up that by making a custom rad using nothing by just normal copper pipes and just pass more water in their and at the same time it would act like a water reservoir and if i used piles of the stuff it would all so be passive cooling with no fans meaning 100% silent. :D
Copper-pipe.gif

Btw that's not a 1 or 2c difference that's 20 :O)

Last edited:
HT is on. This is about performance, not just low temps

Your temps are fine with what you have then especially if they were in the 60's prior to re-seating and at that voltage. Crank it up to 4.2 or higher and you'll be fine. You won't see 50c load unless you have an AMD setup.

OK update:

Installed an indigo Xtreme after THOROUGHLY cleaning the heatsink and CPU about 10 times.

[email protected] at 1.3v, 62-67c across the four cores Prime 95 stable (For over 3 minutes now! Will update. Before I was Prime95 stable at 3.8ghz for 30 seconds. So this is progress. I lied. It crashed at 5 minutes. Upping the voltage as we speak to 1.33).

Question:

Currently the rad is setup like this:

F->R
F->R

(F being fan, R being radiator).

Would I be better like this:

F->R
R<-F

or

F->R->F->
F->R->F->

OR

F->R->F->
<-F<-R<-F

The radiator is outside of my case mounted on the back of it. Does that matter? I presumed that it was cooler that way.
I am currently stable at 3.7ghz at 1.35 volts with 200mv. However, it's stable at 84c which is WAY wicked high. I am going to try attaching pull fans this weekend.

Last edited:
What's your memory setting at? Are you crashing at low FTT or high FTT? Just throwing voltage at it doesn't always solve your problem what are your other settings too?

You still haven't answered the fan question. What fans are you using? RPM?

Pull is generally better than push.

120mm fans, I dont know what RPM they are on but they are silent so I have to think 1500rpm or lower. I have some antec 3000rpm fans that I can use to pull in addition to the push.

My memory is set as stock, im not OCing my memory at all at this point - I presumed I should get a stable OC on the processor first.

I am crashing at small FTT, I am more stable with the large FTT.

My other settings are stock. What else should I have been bumping with vcore? Ill try anything at this point.

And agreed one thing at a time when overclocking.
The hard part is just finding out were the sweet spot is after that its a simple mater to turn the overclock on or off.
My self i turn the cpu overclock off then move on to the next part of the computer,once iv Found all the sweet spot numbers then i try em all at once and see what happens.
As well my self i don't bother with prime95 anymore for my end testing \ burn in testing .

Try this if you want to see if your computer is stable.
Prime95 imho is only good for doing a fast 15 min burn in.

passmark burn in test {max everything all hdd and dvd rom drive}
next run more then one game in a window {max bots}
next run 6x winrar {use different hdd if possible}
next copy a large files from one hdd to the other {all drives}
next download
run mp3 music
run 3 avi movies {use different players}
if possible do loop back tests on network cards and or any input out put hardware,most people cant do this seeing as they don't have the hardware to do it.
Fire up prime95 too as all the rest is going on.

just keep going like this more i say MORE! :) RAWR

Trick here is to get everything going all at once and get the computer to run everything plugged in to it all at one at 300%.
Keep giving it things to do on a many levels as possible as long as you can still stop all the jobs being done .If you push too hard your mouse wont even move anymore and the only way out is to a soft-reset of the computer system.

Long story short punch it ~ full power~ give the computer shit and see if it will take it, it should cus if it doesn't in my book your overclock is unstable.
Meaning the more abuse you can give it and it takes it with out crashing the more stable your computer is.

PS in the review i liked to for the water cooling setup buddy takes the i7 950 cpu up to 4500MHz 1.4625v {72c load}

Last edited:
First off... War Zone, please try to type proper english. It is so confusing trying to read your posts. I appreciate you're trying to give your advice, but most of the time it is unreadable due to bad english, poor advice, repeat advice of things already stated, or a combination of all 3.

Second:
I don't see why you want to stress out the hard drives and DVD drives. They really don't have anything to do with CPU overclocking. If anything, you want to stress RAM and the CPU at the same time (I use LinX, maximum memory size for this). The only possible reason I can see for stressing out the hard drives is testing your power supply, and if you've gotten a powerful enough and good enough quality power supply, it shouldn't be an issue. At all. Prime95, while maybe not a good indicator of a stable overclock, is a very quick indicator of an unstable overclock. It is good for testing if your overclock is at least semi-stable, and once it is, you move on to more stressful tests to test for true stability, or attempt to overclock higher.

"A" because your not a pc gamer, but ty for the grammar police post and for pointing out the min one period is out of place your brain dysfunctions and your no longer able to compute ~ syntax error {brain aneurysm blue screen of death} and your main hobby is forum posting so your hipper critical about grammar.

Crist....... buddy forgot to dot a i, im not reading this trash {flame}

"B" because beating your computer in to the ground in the after math after pimping all kinds of settings on the overclock topic is a grate way to find out just how stable your computer is, that or just try and play crysis or something big,that kind of works out too.

But if you really want to see what a stable computer is use a server mobo with buffered ecc vs a gamer board then you'll know were im coming from on this topic.

some gamer boards out their even at stock default settings are unstable imho if were talking about up time measured in months not days.

Btw enjoy your 1% market OS share.My self i should mess around with Linux at some point, could be good for some stuff like on my server computer{s}

Last edited:
OK since it's my thread, I will try and bring things back to being on topic (LOL good luck).

A)I sprung a leak taking my waterblock off and on, so that took 12 hours of testing away because I had to go to home depot to get some hose clamps to buckle shit down - the hoses I am using loosened over time AND the fittings at the block loosened - but as an aside.

B)I applied another application if Indigo Xtreme, this time I feel like I got a good application - there was shit on my waterblock before and so I think I got a contaminated application because I was getting so hot that thermal protection was kicking in.

C)I am currently stable for a whole big 10 minutes now at 3.8ghz (21x185) at 1.35v. Everything else is stock (EVGA X58 SLI board), and we're at 66,69,71,71 for my core temps (3-0 in reverse order).

D)I am running Prime 95 small FFT (I think, whichever one is MAXIMUM FPU stress since that replicates what I do most - and also Im not OCing my RAM)

E)While writing this hit 15 minutes stable. I know, lets not start sucking each others dicks just yet, but I feel like this is a GIANT leap after how horrible the performance was before.

F)Idling at 37 when not stressing which is pretty good.

So let's talk about OCing this board in general. someone WISELY pointed out that its not just throwing vcore at the OC, what else should I be increasing to get stable as we get closer to 4.2ghz (My goal)?

Back