Watching DVDs on PC...

Circuitbreaker8

Supreme [H]ardness
Ok, so I wanted to test my Dell 2005fpw+X-Fi Fatal1ty+Klipsch Ultra 5.1 setup by watching Batman Begins on DVD. I popped it in, and opened it up with Power DVD. First thing I noticed was that it was pretty grainy...There was a lot of noise and the colors just looked so bland and washed out. Secondly, there was no surround sound? It seemed like only the front speakers were working. I went into the Creative Menu to that 3d thing, and put CMSS-3D to Stereo Xpand ( center ) and it still doesnt really have good channel seperation. So I popped the DVD in my PS2 and watched it on the shitty TV in my room, and it looked 50x better! What gives?

It might be different for your version of PowerDVD, but go into the configuration (maybe Ctrl-C)
and looks for anything under video enhancement (or something similar)

I have a feeling that your video mode is set to VIVID, try switching between the different presets.

I have PowerDVD version 4.0.0.2417 and have never had a problem with it. Try a different DVD in your computer to see if you have the same problem. If you do, I'd reinstall the program and try it again.

For the x-fi make sure your in entertainment mode for the best movie experience, sound wise that is.

As for the picture quality try playing around with the settings. It shouldnt be grainy.

Back