Watched case review videos for 2 days, nothing grabbed me. Flexible budget, recommendations please?

silkshadow

n00b
I'm looking for that case that you saw and said: "That case is amazing, but who is stupid enough to pay that price for a case?". Please help me be that stupid.

I am really tired of changing cases, I just threw out a half dozen old tower cases because I needed the space. So I would like to buy a really nice long lasting case now. My budget is flexible, not too crazy as I don't want a diamond case :), but I can spend even up to $1000 if the case will last and is worth it. I just spent my spare moments over the last 2 days watching Youtube video reviews of cases, I am burnt out they are all starting to look the same, but I didn't see anything that I wanted to buy.

I am looking for something that has room to change things up. So if I want to do air or liquid I can. I live in a hot country so cooling is important. I use the Hue+ and I like LEDs and side window (prefer tempered glass this go around). I like all those gee-whiz features like LED switches (can turn on and off LEDs), temperature displays, cool lighting, etc. Black or silver in color (prefer black just a little over silver as my monitors are all black). Currently am doing red lighting but would like some future flexibility there if possible.

For the practical, I need to fit at least 5 3.5" hard drives and 4 SSDs. ATX mobo. Room for a big air cooler. Two 1080s. I prefer a couple external 5.25" bays but its not a hard requirement as I can give up my bay gadgets.

There is one problem, I live in Asia so not everything is available for purchase. Importing a case is not off the tablet, but its a pain to wait for sea shipping and air shipping can be hundreds of dollars for something this big and heavy. I'd rather spend that cash on the case itself.

So what would you recommend or buy if it was you? Thank you!

CaseLabs, bro. Would love one of those. They have some more sensibly sized ones these days too. You'd probably have to ship it from the US, but from what I hear, they're probably worth the wait.

Custom Computer Cases | Best Computer Cases | Computer Tower Cases - CaseLabs

There's one other brand I'm thinking of that I just can't remember the name of. Maybe they're not around anymore. But they were kind of like CaseLabs in that they built custom towers, aluminum, finished with paint in-house, etc. They were really high quality, but I just can't think of their name.

Figured it out! Little Devil cases. Maybe someone else could speak to their quality.

LD Cooling Computer Cases - LD Cooling Computer Cases

LD has some international resellers too: Where to Buy - LD Cooling Computer Cases

I'll second the vote for Case Labs. Got my first one a few months ago, and they're amazing.

This is exactly what I was looking for, thank you! All but the Phanteks are cases I never even saw mentioned in my 2 days of watching videos. I will go check them out and see what is avalible locally.

Thanks again!

Completely forgot about the phanteks enthoo evolv atx with a tempered glass panel. That's one good looking case. I have it's smaller sibling, the original Enthoo Evolv (itx) and it's a really nice looking, well built case. As far as I know the ATX is even better.

I have a friend who keeps on buying Corsair cases. He has the Obsidian and the 900D. I think they absolutely suck. So avoid corsair cases.

After pouring over pictures and videos from suggestions here, I think the Phanteks Enthoo Evolv (tempered glass) may be the winner. I did see the Phanteks Enthoo Evolv (non-glass) before posting here and it didn't really move me, but I did not know about the tempered glass edition which is a really beauty. Its going to be tough to give up my bay gadgets but otherwise it hits all the marks. If availability were all even, Case Labs would be my next case, but its going to need to be sea shipped and that will take weeks of waiting.

Now I just need to figure out how the lighting will all work out and how to properly build such a beautiful case. More videos to watch. Thanks again everyone!

I have a friend who keeps on buying Corsair cases. He has the Obsidian and the 900D. I think they absolutely suck. So avoid corsair cases.
I have an original 800D, it has some issues, but for their first ever case, still works great!

I love the 540's. built 3 of them for friends.

Back