One of our departments had a really nice computer for editing and encoding audio. It had a P4 3.6 HT, 4GB of RAM, WinXP SP2, blah blah blah, but most importantly it had the Intel 915 (G or P?) chipset, with a PCI-E X300 video card. Unfortunately that particular chipset is incompatible with a certain piece of audio equipment (this is even specified on that maker's webpage) so that machine had to go back.
The new machine is a P4 3.4 HT, 4GB RAM, WinXP SP2, blah blah blah, but most importantly it has the Intel 865 chipset. No AGP slot, but it has an nVidia Quadro NVS 280 PCI video card. Is the "after" of this before and after scenario a step down? Or is it even an issue? I'm just trying to figure out why this system arrived. I encouraged that an Intel 925XE system be bought, but I'll never know whether it was ordered or the why or why not of it.
The new machine is a P4 3.4 HT, 4GB RAM, WinXP SP2, blah blah blah, but most importantly it has the Intel 865 chipset. No AGP slot, but it has an nVidia Quadro NVS 280 PCI video card. Is the "after" of this before and after scenario a step down? Or is it even an issue? I'm just trying to figure out why this system arrived. I encouraged that an Intel 925XE system be bought, but I'll never know whether it was ordered or the why or why not of it.