Wanted: Zen Micro

lotush2002

Weaksauce
I know this is a long shot, but it doesn't hurt to try. I bought a rio carbon recently(about 2 weeks ago), but now I realize that I need fm radio as well as voice recording, so the zen micro was my next choice. I want to trade my carbon, plus some cash, for a zen micro. My rio is in excellent condition, it coems with the headphones, but no case (because it got messed up).

Or if anyone is selling their zen micro, please post prices here. I am willing to pay up to $150 for one. Thanks.

[email protected]

google "creative zen headphone jack" and you will see why you do NOT want a zen micro.
I went through 3 before I demanded a refund. 2 of the 3 lasted less than a week TOTAL before they got the typical only one channel works headphone jack problem. The creative mp3 players are crap. Keep your Carbon, its FAR superior. WHen I buy another MP3 player, it will either be a Rio or an Ipod (as much as I HATE apple)

I have the same headphone jack problem on my zen micro. The player is awesome but this little defect seems to be coming more popular everyday and Creative doesn't appear to be fixing it.

I'll be sending mine out for RMA tomorrow. :(

(btw, i think it mostly has to do with how the user handles the player. I've dropped mine 3-4 times and caught it by the headphone wire rather than allowing it to smash off the floor. This may have played a major role in the destruction of my headphone jack. Keep that in mind)

Serapis said:
I have the same headphone jack problem on my zen micro. The player is awesome but this little defect seems to be coming more popular everyday and Creative doesn't appear to be fixing it.

I'll be sending mine out for RMA tomorrow. :(

(btw, i think it mostly has to do with how the user handles the player. I've dropped mine 3-4 times and caught it by the headphone wire rather than allowing it to smash off the floor. This may have played a major role in the destruction of my headphone jack. Keep that in mind)
Are you kidding me?! I know the Zen Xtras had that problem (I fixed it on my friend's) - but damn that was years ago - seems like they'd learn from their mistakes.

Davenow said:
google "creative zen headphone jack" and you will see why you do NOT want a zen micro.
I went through 3 before I demanded a refund. 2 of the 3 lasted less than a week TOTAL before they got the typical only one channel works headphone jack problem. The creative mp3 players are crap. Keep your Carbon, its FAR superior. WHen I buy another MP3 player, it will either be a Rio or an Ipod (as much as I HATE apple)

I did the search, and I'm definitely surprised. However, I read that Creative repairs the zen micros for free, or even replace them. There's a Creative building about 5 miles from my house.
But yeah, if that's the case, then maybe I should just stay from it.

Back