Wanted: Ideas on for a company logo, $20 to the winner

Nate7311

2[H]4U
The Company is called Remwess, LLC. And they are a budding group of realtors. The primary partner also likes blue...

An few examples of what I've come up with so far...
Remwess1.jpg

Remwess2.jpg

$20 is up for grabs to the one I like best.

Thoughts?

**EDIT** I'm an idiot... There's only 1 "s" in Remwes

are they primarily residential realtors, or do they do commercial as well.

EnforcerGT's and Ezteh's entrys look pretty pro. if you ask me.

I'm keeping you guys in mind for when my new forum starts up ;)

They are all good actually, It's upto you i suppose.

Just my $0.02

scotmod said:
EnforcerGT's and Ezteh's entrys look pretty pro. if you ask me.

I'm keeping you guys in mind for when my new forum starts up ;)

They are all good actually, It's upto you i suppose.

Just my $0.02

huh?? I dont remember open photoshop since last year :D

Sneaky, Did notice the quote.

I meant cuemasterfl, Nice work.

And yeah enforcer get off your ass and do something :p

dark_phantom36 said:
remwes-llc.gif

[IMG*]http://img36.exs.cx/img36/3801/remwes-llc2.gif[/IMG]

This one looks the cleanest & most professional to me so far.

A very close second is cuemasterfl's one without the reflection - maybe if the reflection was a little more transparent or something? I dunno, it just looks kinda cluttered.

Ezteh's looks very professional, but it seems a little too busy for a company logo. (Even if it is an LLC ... j/k :D)

calebb, "professional designer" is a dangerous title for a "professional chemist" to bestow
on his peers. Here is why:

Pros of your "Design Champion":
1. Pleasing colour scheme. Survey after survey proves blue to be the non-designer's friend.
2. No nasty jaggies or unnatural jaggy lines.

Cons of your "Design Champion":
1. This is not a logo, it's a web banner. There is no visual unity to speak of, and no unique
easily visible, and easily identifiable branding.
2. Script fonts (in this case Vivaldi) used for anything but old manuscripts, wedding
invitations, headings on elegant restaurant menus and other similar applications is walking
on thin ice for a professional designer, it's a no-go-zone for a Digital Artwerker.
3. The copyright of registered fonts is retained by the publishers, in the case of Vivaldi
it would be between International Typeface Corporation, AGFA and Elsner & Flake,
depending on which variant was used (highly likely ITC), and can thus not be used
exclusively as a trademarkable design. Microsoft uses just a single notch in the middle
'o' to make the trademark stick.
4. Raster images are rotten trademarks. Drop shadows, blurs, textures and other raster
effect cannot be resized (especially scaled up to billboard size) without problems, and
they absolutely suck in 1-bit colour, so your fax cover sheets are going to look shite! There
is a good reason that all major brands are designed in 2D vectors (1-bit colour). Nike,
Adidas, Reebok, Oakley, Microsoft, MadOnion, DVD, Intel, LG, Siemens, Nokia, the list
goes ever on. :)

So ... as you can see ... "professional" is as "professional" does. Please, don't take this
the wrong way, I posted this because you're a [H] old boy like me, and in all the years I
have always liked your posts.

And the same goes to you dark_phantom36, I'm not trying to blow you out of the water,
even though my critique is harsh. I want Digital Artwerk to become the Daddy of hovels like
DA, digitalblasphemy etc. And I believe we can get there with honest constructive crits. ;)

I'm glad your critiquing my artwork because that's the only way I can possibly grow as a designer. I'll admit I'm not a professional designer, I'm just putting my work out and hoping somebody likes it. :)

I've gotten so used to web design that everytime I hear logo, I think of a logo that goes on a webpage and that IS what I designed it for.

Thanks for the critique. I will think about it and see what else I can do to improve in the field of graphic design.

Just as a quick illustration of my previous critique ... this is a simple vector design. It does
not make use of only an existing typeface and can thus be registered as a trademark. It
is also simple enough to use in monochrome, so it will work well on a fax cover-sheet or
an embroidered golf-shirt.

LLC.jpg

Here is a raster enhancement that may work well for TV, the web or even high quality
printed media. It still contains the basic design but adds a little extra in terms of
eyecandy. Its a 30min rush-job (I have other pressing things). ;)

LLCRendered.jpg

calebb the ToonCottage™ depends heavily on colour, and will therefore increase printing
costs (there is no one or two colour option) since you're going to be forced to do a full
four colour job (or risk having your design being cheesed by el cheapo printers, printing it
in monochrome red or green). The type used for the "Remwes" is typically in the hands of
the client, I think there are configurations for which that typeface will work. I'm not overly
happy about the "an LLC company" ... I think that may be improved with a simple sans-
serif, and perhaps grayed-out since it would appear as if you are focussing on "Remwes".

Hope that makes sense? ;)

Its been a long time since i've dabbled in Photoshop, so mine is not very good. But here it is anyway.

RemwesLLC.jpg

The ground needs to be more defined as its hard to see in that picture. It's to monotone in my opinion, as well as I dont think SOLD should be more noticable than the company name.

MadJuggla9 said:
you got that right ;) very clean and smooth. always loved rastor

*Slaps MadJuggla9 with a wet trout*

You GfxGrunt ... that screams 2D Vector! :p

Just a quick FYI;

I will be uploading my Remwess LLC logo in a few hours. I would do it now but I must goto the store. So, stay tuned. ;)

Glacier said:
Remwes%20Logo.jpg

Remwes.jpg

heres my attempt.
after a few different ideas, i came out with this one.

Whoa, thats smooth. You got my vote :D
way better than mine IMO lol.

Here is my Remwes LLC Logo:

RemwesLLC.jpg

I apologize for the watermarks on this photograph. It is to protect against the "others" that may browse this board. Of course, all colors, text, fonts, spacing, every aspect of the photograph can and will be tweaked to your liking. If you choose this logo I will supply the original PSD (Adobe Photoshop Document) with 25 separate layers. If you wish I will also supply other file formats of your choice. All layer styles are intact and may be edited.

If you would like anything tweaked or edited please let me know. If you would like to have a private discussion please private message me or post here and I will private message you my e-mail address and my instant messenger address as well as set up a time when convenient for you.

Edit: I would like to point out the fact that since I used the JPEG format to compress the image, the image will have artifacts. The original image without compression and without watermarks looks much cleaner and crisp.

Thanks,

Randy

Thanks to all that have thrown out ideas. I'll be meeting with my client tomorrow 7/10/04 to discuss finalities with him and then I'll hand out the prize.

Well, at present the client likes a logo he created himself. but It's kinda basic. I'm trying to lean them in another direction.

Lean?! Shove! Push! Ha, kidding aside; I hope you try your best. ;) Keep us posted.

Yuck! I'd recommend anyone with a decent design to run! Clients that fancy their own
designs are typically not the type any civilised human being wants to work for. :(

Hyperion said:
Yuck! I'd recommend anyone with a decent design to run! Clients that fancy their own
designs are typically not the type any civilised human being wants to work for. :(

yea, those kind seem to think that anyone can make a logo that actually works and is respected.

i also wanna see the design that they came up with, just to compare.

I was just checking back to see if you made any decisions regarding the Remwes LLC contest.

Thanks,
Randy

Back