Want to acheive the Maximum possible OC... need some advice

USMC2Hard4U

Supreme [H]ardness
I am getting my tax return soon :) w00t! and I am gonna get a few things... first I am a noob to water cooling, so I am gonna get a DTEK customs kit, its good enough for me... better than this retail intel HSF ;)

Next I am gonna get better ram.... what do you recommend?
I have Generic DDR3200 right now, it does MAXIMUM 225FSB @ 2.5 - 3 - 3 - 6

Do you recommend something like DDR3700 with Low latencys? or do you reccommend like DDR4400 with those high latencys?

Thanks

Since you are looking for RAM, I suggest getting some Mushkin Level 2 since they are BH5 and overclock very well...

myself I prefer raw bandwidth over timings which is why I bought some xms 4000 pro for my next setup.
the mushkin stuff is pretty good but I dont know exactly how high the stuff will OC so I cant speak for it.

Awww come now !
You be hard!
You be Bad!
You be mean!
You be MARINE!
Tweak it untill it squeals, then tweak it some more ! :) :) :)

sorry, just couldn't resist it ! :) :)
The Marine Corps HAS it's few good men, they are called Navy Corpsman ! :)

The navy is discusting....

any branch is compaired to the Marines...

/arguement

Originally posted by USMC2Hard4U

/arguement

Haha... Damn squids. :p Grandpa was a Major in WWII, I have some of his feild gear. Went all over the Pacific theater. Not exactly sure what he did... He died last summer, and was given a full honors military Burial in Pheonix, AZ.

I don't think I have the balls to be a Marine, though.

For RAM, get something in the middle with middle latencies. ;) although, it would probably be easier to just get some 3500 and push it as hard as it will go. :)

I would buy mushkin Level 2... howver if you go to there site... it says they are sold out indeffinatly....

so should i go.... OCZ... GEIL... OR CORSAIR....

Originally posted by USMC2Hard4U

/arguement

I find that conduct unbefitting a US marine. I hereby bust you down to Diet [H] :p

I agree with jamez on the ram, good stuff.

EDIT: that sucks, i'd get the corsair then

Ya, well you may say that the Navy is discusting, BUT any Marine that has been in combat will tell you that "Doc" is a Marine's best friend ! :) :)

Originally posted by oldbrave
Ya, well you may say that the Navy is discusting, BUT any Marine that has been in combat will tell you that "Doc" is a Marine's best friend ! :) :)

I can agree with that

"Navy Navy Im in doubt.... why your bellys are stickin out.... Is it wiskey or is it wine..... or is it lack of PT time"

OOHRAH Marines....

Now what fuckin ram should I get? :p

Back