VPN filesharing security

Hello, I have recently set up a VPN to connect my desktop which is on ethernet in my room to my laptop which travels around. The VPN connection works fine and I have gotten basic filesharing to work, but I would like to have the files only be shared over the VPN between my two computers, but not to other computers on my desktop's wired network. Unfortunately, disabling file sharing over the wired connection or removing file sharing from firewall exceptions also disables the same functions over the VPN. Is there any way to make the shared files available only over the VPN and not on the larger network?

Thanks

You could try using a third party firewall, or you could add a scope to the exception for File Sharing that only includes the VPN IP(s).

I'd say take a different approach. NTFS permissions, control with user/pass accounts. Instead of wide open simple file sharing.

I changed the security and permissions in the properties, and it seems to be working now (asking me for a username and password when I try to access over network).
Thanks

Back