• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Voltage Assertions on Power up

Joined
Jul 7, 2016
Messages
58
Just recently with my server, I have been getting some voltage assertions off the power supply for +12V and -12V. So far this only happens when I completely power off the box and unplug the power cable to do work inside the case.

Upon plugging the power cable back into the PSU and then pushing the power button to power on the machine, I get these errors on the IPMI console.

The PSU is a Corsair HX620, at least 7 years old.

I guess this means its time for a new PSU?

voltage.png
 
Have a miultimeter handy? Could be the sensor going bad as well, i've never trusted the onboard ones.
 
Doesn't hurt to start looking for a good deal given its age, but I wouldn't peg it as on the brink of failing yet.
 
Back
Top