Voice chat in SteamVR totally broken?

lopoetve

Extremely [H]
Cannot, for the life of us, get voice chat in any form to work in Steam VR. Wife and I both have Oculus Rift headsets. She's playing on my Alienware 13, I'm on my gaming system. Voice works perfectly in anything from Oculus home - we've done a ton of things in there and it is golden. We've never once gotten a single thing to work in SteamVR, though. Microphone check says it's fine, it's set to Rift audio for mic/headphones both, but nada - I can see her requesting a voice chat in the general page (lord they've GOT to work on that design to make it suck less), or she can see me, but once you acknowledge it we can't talk at all. No one hears anything.

We tried firing up a party in Oculus home, but it doesn't carry over to SteamVR at all - goes dead the moment one of us returns to that.

Anyone gotten this working? What are we missing? Anyone know when Valve is finally going to put some effort into the product too?

I actually did not know that it had a chat feature...
I'll check it out tomorrow.

I can take a look at it as well, it does seem that whenever I have steamVR running it screws with my PC audio, even when using teamviewer..usually need to stop and start teamviewer and steam vr to work again.
Hey Lopo, I sent a steam friend invite....I have a server question if you can help...

Hey, forgot I posted this - we haven't been back to SteamVR since I did (no time). Notso, feel free to PM on here - I'm not on steam much except the weekends it seems.

Back