VMWare Workstation Network Issue

octoberasian

2[H]4U
My computer running Vista 64-bit SP1 with VMWare Workstation 6.5.1.

I have two physical NICs installed: one 10/100 on PCI and the other is a 10/100/1000 onboard.
10/100 has the address: 192.168.1.60
10/100/1000 has the address: 192.168.1.20
Ok, that's the physical part. Now on the virtual part, I have them configured as such in the Network editor:
Vmnet 0 -> 10/100/1000
Vmnet 1 -> Vmware Network Adapter Vmnet 1
Vmnet 2 -> 10/100
Vmnet 8 -> Vmware Network Adapter Vmnet 8
I have a virtual machine running Windows XP SP3 with the network setting set to "Custom: virtual network - Vmnet 2 (Bridged)."

It's detected as an AMD Cnet network adapter with the address set to 192.168.1.126 inside the virtual machine.

Now, here's the problem:
I can access the internet just fine and download files, but using it to have an MMORPG (as a way to test network connections in the virtual machine), it cannot connect to the server.

I have tested WoW and Mabinogi so far, but neither can connect to their respective servers.

I want to run an Apache/MySQL/PHP server on this virtual machine but I want to be sure the network is working properly before I do so.

Did I configure anything wrong in VMware? Or am I missing something?

Again, can access the internet and download files but flaky on the server connections to MMOs.

Connections are as follows again:
192.168.1.20 (Gigabit) -> Vmnet 0
192.168.1.60 (10/100) -> Vmnet 2 -> AMD Cnet - 192.168.1.126 (Virtual)

Eventually if this works properly, I'm going to migrate it to Cent OS 5.2 in VMware once I become more familiar with Linux first. Also, apparently running Cent OS 5.2 in VMware takes up less RAM than XP.

Tried Bridged and NAT, nothing worked.

Tested an Apache/PHP installation in the Win XP VM, website won't show up even with all ports forwarded correctly.

But, web browsing and downloading files like MySQL still work fine.

FWIW, back when I used VMware WS ( I use VB now), I disabled the virtual network adapter it created in my "network adapter" window of my Vista64 host.

I set all my VM's to bridged and all was well, they pulled IP's from my networks DHCP server nicely.

Sometimes simple == better.

Is the host machine running an AV package (AV/Firewall/Anti-Spy)? I had an issue with Symantec Endpoint Protection's Teefer2 Driver on the NICs messing with VM workstation's virtual adapters. I disabled the teefer2 driver and all was well.

Back