Vmware and ISO files (Redhat Linux 9 files)

adri1456

Gawd
I just downloaded the three ISOs that will be required to install Redhat Linux 9.

The problem is, that I don't have any blank CDs laying around (I was so excited that I could download it, that I didn't think of that).

Since I'll be installing it via vmware, I saw an option to use a virtual CD to install it (pulling the ISO from the installation files on my HD). But I have 3 ISOs to install. How will it work?

I'm a total Linux noobie(and actually VMWare noobie as well) I'm actually messing with VMWare and Mandrake Right now. VMware also has an option to just use the following ISO file for the CD. During the mandrake install it will prompt me for the CD, so I just ctrl-alt out and click on the virtual machine settings under the favorites menu, or under the VM tab in the main window, and under the CDROM device for the VM, i switch it to the second ISO file. You could do the same with a virtual device(like by alchohol or something within your host operstaing system as well. So my suggestion would be to do something like that. I'm not familar with the setup of redhat(well technically not familar with linux period, that's why i chose mandrake to start with) but it should be similar i would think. Edit Using VMWare Workstation 4.5.

Back