Vista Upgade Confimation number?

BIGDADDY51

2[H]4U
Has ANYONE out there,that bought oem XP software after October 26th, been able to get a confirmation number, needed to process the upgrade form? My form was shot down as INVALID. :mad:Still working on it....

I saw another post where everyone had the same problem.
Maybe they wont work til Vista is released in January?

No ,1 guy here got his coupon thru today. I'm hoping the E-mail I received from the Upgrade website, that states there is a glitch in the site is true.However I will continue to contact Newegg DAILY, until a resolution is reached. They have been aware of the descreprency since well before I bought the software pkg. They state that they are trying to work out the bugs, but I thought about what you stated as well. Say you did get your coupon redeemed Oct27th. 8 weeks would put your delivery right at, or even before the Launch of Vista.MAYBE that's the reason for the NO HURRY atittude at the Upgrade website.

Whats the upgrade site? Is this for people who purchased XP thru Newegg only? I have a free copy for buying a new laptop with MCE.

Latest info is that the website will reset thier database on November 30th. So, if you :tried and got an invalid coupon answer, Try again on Dec1st. :D

ScYcS said:
Mine still says "Coupon already in use" :(
you need to call your vendor to let them know you are having problems. That way it's documented, and you will get your upgrade. Newegg assures me that MS is well aware of the many problems with its website. Some reviews on Neweggs website today, say that they successfully got a confirmation number, to continue the upgrade process.

Worked for me this am. No harware purchsed with it so I hope they honor it like Newegg says

GREAT NEWS!! A new MS website for those of us who purchased OEM software. www.microsoft.com/techguarantee Check it out. It works, but MCE2005 isn;t listed yet. I'm sure they will add it soon, just like the other website did. Be advised, you need the end of the software box, a copy of the receipt for the software purchase, and a copy of the upgrade order. I lied and put XP PRO, just to test the website ,and was able to complete the upgrade order . Check it out . :D

Back