Vista SP1 RC - check your sound settings...

TechLarry

RIP [H] Brother - June 1, 2022
Though I installed it last week, it wasn't until today I tried to use WMP to play some music. Fired up some Creed and.... WTH?

My Klipsch ProMedia Ultra's. were dead except for the front two speakers.

Checked the creative panel, and it had been reset back to default settings. This could only have happened durning the RC install.

Reset them and everything is fine.

So if your sound ain't right, check your cards settings, inclulded the speaker setting. Mine had reset from 5.1 back to 2.1.

Though I installed it last week, it wasn't until today I tried to use WMP to play some music. Fired up some Creed and.... WTH?

My Klipsch ProMedia Ultra's. were dead except for the front two speakers.

Checked the creative panel, and it had been reset back to default settings. This could only have happened durning the RC install.

Reset them and everything is fine.

So if your sound ain't right, check your cards settings, inclulded the speaker setting. Mine had reset from 5.1 back to 2.1.

To be honest, I think Windows realised it was Creed you were listening to and decided to punish you...

I guess its possible that new drivers got installed with RC1? Is it possible to check

Hahahaha

I love my Klipsch home system speakers KLF10's!

Sounds like you were about to sorta Jam (as much as Creed can try) and realized you went from Kilpsch to Logitech in 2 secs!!!!!

SP1 RC1 caused my sound to crackle/distort...tried different drivers with no luck. Hope the full meal deal SP1 won't have that issue.

SP1 RC knocked out my audio completely. X-Fi Gamer. I had to uninstall the device then reinstall.

No sound problems here, A8N-SLI Premium / X-Fi Xtreme Music with the v2.15.0004 or whatever the newer ones are.

Just installed it here and my sound settings stayed fine. I'm liking it so far, seems a lot more responsive.

Hmm weird ya looks like it did. I had the 11/5 driver installed now its back to 10/25. Wonder why that happened.

I'm not having any sound issues though, at least so far.

How close is the SP1 RC to the final version? Will this become the final version or will they release a final version with more changes?

weird, I just found mine set to gamer mode instead of the normal entertainment mode I leave it on.

My computer lost all sound capabilities after RC1 install. I had to completely uninstall and reinstall the drivers to make it work. Now mind you I'm rocking 4GB RAM with an X-Fi and that causes issues on its own. The November driver release, which ironically says that it fixed issues with X-Fi/4GB RAM, does not and in fact makes popping and cracking that did not happen before appear out of nowhere.

Back