VISTA: How can I "manually" import my email messages from XP?

Ignacio49

Weaksauce
Hello,

I want to import all my Outlook Express emails that I have in my XP laptop into my new Vista laptop. Is there a way to do it manually?

With XP I used to copy all emails in .dbx format from old computer to new one, from/into the "Outlook Express" folder, but I do not see such folder in Vista.

Thanks.

In XP (Outlook 2003) I use the .pst format to sync my mail/setting from my desktop to my tablet.

File > Import and Export > Export to a file > Personal Folder File (.pst) > you should understand the rest.

Then import to other device:

File > Import and Export > Import from another program or file > .pst > yadda yadda

Hope this helps

I did this just last night. If you have the dbx files, make sure they are in your Documents folder and then make sure they are not read only, then do File > Import > Messages and Select OE 6, then point it to the right folder.

For some reason it wouldn't work for me if the .dbx files where not in the documents folder.

Here's a link I found that I followed http://www.oehelp.com/backup.aspx

HTH

I did this just last night. If you have the dbx files, make sure they are in your Documents folder and then make sure they are not read only, then do File > Import > Messages and Select OE 6, then point it to the right folder.

For some reason it wouldn't work for me if the .dbx files where not in the documents folder.

Here's a link I found that I followed http://www.oehelp.com/backup.aspx

HTH

Thanks Bohica69. It worked.

In XP (Outlook 2003) I use the .pst format to sync my mail/setting from my desktop to my tablet.

File > Import and Export > Export to a file > Personal Folder File (.pst) > you should understand the rest.

Then import to other device:

File > Import and Export > Import from another program or file > .pst > yadda yadda

Hope this helps

These steps only work for the full Outlook product, not Outlook Express, unfortunately.

Back