Vista Help and Support feature...

coachjohn

Limp Gawd
....shows a lot of little red x's...like you see when you go to a web site that is missing a image...when I access it, some pages in help worse than others. Anybody else getting this?

i kept getting a weird error a couple days ago when i was looking for something in help. it fixed itself with a reboot. have you tried that?

...this is just like I'm accessing a web page that has image errors on it. Weird.

...go to Start->Help and Support->Table of Contents. Lots of text, lots of red x's.

...this is just like I'm accessing a web page that has image errors on it. Weird.

have you changed anything in your security options for IE? firewall blocking it? hmm..

EDIT: maybe you're getting an error with offline help at the bottom. that might be it. click it and then click online help...then if you wanna be sure, click it and then go to settings and click the first check box. then click ok.

Online help is on...and if I turn it off, I get a LOT more of those little red boxes. Clear your IE cache and try going to help/table of contents..maybe the problem is on Microsoft's end?

hmm...i found a similar problem with XP. solution was to reinstall IE6 i guess. maybe there is a way to reinstall IE7 and it will work?

I was tinkering a bit...did a clean install of Vista, step-by-step....upgrading Nero 7 Ultra version 7.x to 7.7x is what hosed the associations. Downloading the upgrade as a clean install (available from Nero's website, you just need your serial number) doesn't kill the file associations. Go figure...

Back