Vista: deleted recycling bin on desktop, how to get it back

Ignacio49

Weaksauce
Hello,

I am trying to get familiar with Vista (new lappy). Somehow I deleted the recicle bin on desktop, and have no idea how to get it back.

I saw a post with the same title as this (except for "Vista") but it is all relevant to Windows XP, not Vista.

Appreciate your help

Right click on the desktop -> Personalize -> Change desktop icons (on the left side under Tasks)

Hell, you can delete your own User profile folder from Explorer if you're not careful... at least the shortcut to it in the left pane. Learned that one the hard way... Vista ain't perfect, but it's a step in the right direction, I think, in most respects.

That just ain't one of 'em... :p

I notice that it sometimes just disappears from view. It's still there if you mouse over it though...lol.

Then it could be video driver related, also. I've noted some peculiar glitches with Aero sometimes, where stuff just "disappears" even though it's still there. Aero is pretty cool, but it's still relatively new as a 3D interface and the texturing still has some ways to go.

Hell, you can delete your own User profile folder from Explorer if you're not careful... at least the shortcut to it in the left pane. Learned that one the hard way... Vista ain't perfect, but it's a step in the right direction, I think, in most respects.

That just ain't one of 'em... :p

I think the idea is that you can customize the left pane with links to anything you want, as the left pane 'Favorite Folders' shows up where XP used to have 'My Computer, My Documents, Network Neighborhood', etc. I find the new way is far more useful.

And yes, I know that you could change the left pane links in XP, but now you don't need any extra tools, Tweak UI, or registry editing.

Back