Vista Custom Power Settings Don't Stick

Syntax Error

2[H]4U
This is sort of a random question but a very annoying little quirk that I've been experiencing on two computers, and that is where my custom power settings (especially regarding idle monitor shutdown time) just simply resets to the default settings.

It's really annoying for me, sometimes I would keep my computer idle and the monitor won't shut down until the default 20 minutes, which I feel to be too long, so I keep it at 5 minutes for better power conservation. Also, another point of concern is automatic battery shutdown, as my computer is on a UPS, and in the event that I'm away and the power should fail, I'm depending on the Vista power save settings to properly shut down my computer in the event that the UPS battery drains down to 10%, however, the damned power savings won't stick and would change back to default after a few hours after being set! :mad::mad::mad: Damn Microsoft, sometimes they make some really annoying design flaws in their products, and I would count these as one of them.

Anyone else experience this kind of problem, and of course, how do I keep Vista from resetting my custom power settings? I've tried making my own Power profiles and modifying the default "Balanced" and "Performance" plans, but they all do the same thing: they reset to default after some time has passed. :rolleyes:

Back