Vista crashed, now no audio?

mulebennett

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jul 29, 2003
Messages
392
Not sure where to post this. My girlfriend uses my laptop when I'm not around to just surf online and do whatever. I think she's smarter than to go to sites that have Spyware and other problems, but the other day I was out and she was using it and said the computer crashed.

She said the blue screen "memory dump" came on and she got scared and turned it off. Greaaaaat. When I tried to get it going later that night, it was really fighting me, so I turned it off (the right way) and got it going the next day. I did a system restore and uninstalled what I thought were any iffy programs. This seems like where I might have gone wrong.

Now, whenever I try to play any audio on my computer, it doesn't work. AVI files aren't giving me sound, iTunes just gave me this message: iTunes has detected a problem with your audio configuration. Audio/Video playback may not operate properly.

I downloaded a codec pack but it didn't help it. Now it says that no audio device is installed. WTF?? Help, I'm running Vista and have no audio! And before you can say anything, yes, obviously the laptop is not muted and I'm not just forgetting that. :p

Thanks in advance.
 
Back
Top