Vista compatible ATA card

bassboy_pete

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jun 16, 2003
Messages
178
Hey guys,

I was wondering if anyone knows of a vista compatible (64 bit) PCI ATA Card. Not SATA, just plain old ATA 133. I do not need RAID or anything like that at all. Currently, I am using a Promise TX2000 Pro card. But it isn't compatible as of now. Any ideas?
 
I'm not sure that'll work, either. Silicon Image has 64-bit drivers for Vista Beta 2, or 32-bit ones for Vista RTM. So the Beta 2 drivers might work with RTM, or they might not. Rosewill might have written their own driver, but right now their website is throwing errors so I can't tell.
 
Umm the description it says Vista 32 and 64 bit.
Well, yes, but what the manufacturer says and what the hardware does don't always line up. It's not like Newegg actually takes this hardware and tests it for compatibility; they just take the description from the manufacturer and paste it in the box. I'm not hating on them for that; testing all that hardware with all those OSes would take forever and raise their prices. But some things slip through the cracks, so I don't make assumptions based on their pages.
Also if you look at the user reviews:
I don't read the user reviews because they're so un-helpful in most cases. I guess this is the exception that proves the rule?:p

Edit: Also, the Rosewill site is working now. When I posted it was giving an error message, so I couldn't see them. Point conceded, this card should work fine with vista x64.
 
Well, I was getting frustrated searching the web for a driver, so I went to update my RAID controller driver, and was looking in the list of drivers on my computer. I found that vista has drivers for an ITE IT8212 ATA RAID Controller. I then searched the web, and found a card by ITE that I am hoping will work.
 
Back
Top