vista alternate media fee

emailthatguy

Limp Gawd
hey anyone know how much microsoft charges for the 64 bit media when you have 32 bit? i couldnt find the fee w/o plugging in my cd key into the page which im not sure i want to do just yet.

thanks

$13.00 CAD + tax for those ordering from Canada.

Still waiting for my Vista64 that I ordered well over a week ago.

It's stated that it will be 10 days, being Microsoft they will probably batch ship and it will be longer than that....I'm thinking 3 weeks at least.

OK, I just hope it will fit through my mail box because I will be out of town for a while in a weeks time. I will be upset if it was undeliverable and sent back to Microsoft.

I've received CD/DVDs from Microsoft before...they are generally just a CD sized mailer and should fit in any mailbox slot :)

I received my DVD from MS 2 days ago....it came in a plain white DVD mailer without any instructions at all. I'm assuming that this will be the same install as before, boot directly from the DVD and wipe the drive and do a clean install. Anybody have any information on the 64 bit migration....I've looked att over the net and could find nothing conclusive.

OK, good to know it will fit in my mailbox as I am leaving tomorrow.

The one thing you have to do when installing 64bit version is get 64bit drivers for your hardware if the Vista install doesn't have 64bit drivers for your hardware. I ran XP64 and that's about all you need to do. It's still has backwards compatibility with 32bit apps and games using an emulation mode.

Back