Virtual Clone drive and ISO

JimB

n00b
I have a virtual clone drive installed on my Vista OS. If I run the setup.exe from a program within an iso file which content's I can view in my virtual clone drive; will it install the program on my HD ? I mean without or instead off having to burn the ISO on a disc and consequently install the program afterwards from that disc on my HD. ? The virtual clone drive has the the letter F assigned to it, but I want the program being installed on my C drive of course.

As long as booting to the CD is not required for the installation, you can do what you want with no problem.

Edit:
If you mount a CD or DVD image (.iso) into a virtual drive, it is just like you have placed the original CD or DVD into your optical drive.

There are a few exceptions:

1- This requires the OS to be running first since the virtual drive runs inside the OS.
So, if the CD is a boot CD, you cannot boot to the virtual drive since at the boot time the OS is not up yet.

2- There are PC games that require you to place the game CD or DVD in your optical drive before you can start the game for copy protection.
Some place intentional errors on the CD. If the program does not see the intentional errors, the program will not run. Typical copy/image programs do not recreate the errors. So, some games do not accept a virtual image and will not run.

Thanks, well than I'll give it a try and install that program from the setup.exe within the iso file I can see on the clone drive. Saves me the burning of the iso file on a CD I guess.

Back