Just got this from new egg.. It has 2 dead pixels. One of them is green and stuck in the middle of the screen. They are kinda hard to see and I can only find them on a black background. Not sure what to do at this point.. any advise?
Sorry to hear you having problems with your monitor
Keep it or RMA it to viewsonic(if you can). Newegg wont take it back it ( they have Lousy pixel policy)
yeah.. last lcd I buy from newegg. I already contacted Viewsonic and they are going to replace it. Just sucks I have to wait that much longer to get it back and pay the shipping to viewsonic.
I called Viewsonic back to see if I can get the new monitor shipped to me ahead of time by billing my credit card until they recieve the defective one. They told me they only replace monitors that size if they have 10 dead pixels and said they would have shipped it back to me with the same problem. So now im stuck with two dead pixels in the center of my screen. What can i do?
I should mention i have a STUCK pixel not a DEAD one. Its Green. From what im reading sometimes they can be rubbed out or use this program that flashes colors for hours. The pixel is not easy to find unless its on a black background and even then I have to look for it.
It sounds like Viewsonic and Newegg both suck when it comes to monitors. Newegg 8 pixels and Viewsonic 10 pixels. That like buying a new car and find out it has 2 bullets holes in windshield and dealer telling you unless its 8 or more you have to keep it. If you live in United States contact your public advocate and file a complaint against Viewsonic. Call and harass Viewsonic so much they give you new monitor to shut you up. Either way I hope something works for you.
If I can manage to rub this thing out I will be 100% happy. I think there is a dead pixel but I have to look for it for over a minute to locate it. So it doesnt bother me one bit. Should I run the software CD that came with this monitor? Ive never done it in the past and didnt know if there was any benefit in doing so.