Viewsonic - VP2765 AMVA panel

naz666

n00b
Joined
Oct 31, 2011
Messages
1
Hi everyone.
I am awaiting my new viewsonic 27" panel (vp2765) to come in.
I got a great deal from my vendor at work for 399$. I figured at that price I cant go wrong.

My question is, does anyone have experience with amva panels and gaming?
Viewsonic lists this monitor at 25ms response time. Am I going to have an issue on games?
I have a very high end gaming rig with an evga gtx 580.
I dont play many fps games. just crysis1 and 2 really. oh and rage, but that is getting old quick...
I play rpgs (not mmo) and with the release of skyrim, it prompted me to build my new rig that was a year or so overdue anyways.

I like the viewing angle and color reproduction as I watch a lot of movies and am usually seated on my bed lower then the monitor. (i play games at the desk tho) My current tn panel is really hard to see at that lower angle and washes out a lot of the color or polorizes or whatever its called.

Your thoughts?
 
I don't know if you can trust a manufacturers specifications for input lag. But if it is only 25ms you should have no issues at all with RPGs,

I can't say if it would bother you with FPS games or not I know some people who are so picky that they still keep CRTs around for FPS, although those are in the minority nowadays :)
 
it's actual response time of pixels so it's rather slow :(
had BenQ VW2420H, it was A-MVA rated 8ms but it obviously was closer to 25ms :rolleyes:
Fast paced games like Quake3 were out of question but when I played slower tactical FPS like BF:BC2 on it and it was surprisingly playable ;) RPG/RTS genres are also playable as well.

so all in all it was rather weak gaming and probably this Viewsonic will be similar. On the other hand colors and contrast were very good on it :cool:
 
^ I have no problems gaming on my S-PVA 2408wfp screen. It does have an overdrive so the response time is better. Some people say this monitor has a lot of input lag although the later revision were much better but I have never had an issue. My brother who games more hardcore than me (I rarely game much anymore) always finishes in first place in like every game by a big margin on this screen. Unfortunately though it seems no one produces S-PVA panels anymore for monitors. All c-pva or mva. S-PVA in my opinion had better view angles. Less gamma shift. I just can't use an IPS monitor coming from VA. The gamma shift on VA never bothered me but the poor contrast and black glow of IPS definitely annoys me. Had one for a few weeks got rid of it.
 
I'm also looking at buying this one (the best deal on a large *VA at moderate resolution) but the 25ms response time is making me think long and hard about it. Anyone here have this monitor that can give some feedback?
 
No interest for this one at all? Google turns up precisely jack squat, so I'm bumping this thread.
 
Back
Top