viewsonic vp191b panel?? which one is it?!?!

weppy

n00b
Joined
May 16, 2006
Messages
12
hey guys,

someone has offered me 2xVP191b's for 530 CAD. now he states theyre refurbed from viewsonic with a 1 year warranty. hes provided me the manuf date and serial i believe. can anyone help me figure out which panel is in this?

heres it the data:

"The manufacting date of it is 01-26-2005 rev 111a"

hope someone can figure this out!

thanks guys!
 
theres actually 3 revisions of this monitor i am told. 1 is 8ms 1 is 16 and 1 is 20. all dif panels!
 
I considered buying a refurb VP191b so I once copied/pasted a note someone wrote about identifying the units that have the 8ms panel:

"You must make sure you get revision 3 that uses the 8ms MVA panel from AU Optronics. Here is a sample serial number: A1W050420001 ... The 05 refers to the year, 04 refers to the week this screen was produced. Anything newer than 2005 week 4, will be 8ms. Anything older will be 16ms. I am 90% the above serial number analogy is correct, but you can always call Viewsonic to confirm. Anyway, the rev 3 units normally have large "8 ms" stickers on the box."

Only consider the deal if the panels are 8ms. ca.buy.com currently sells the refurbs for CDN $239 - 5% discount though the type of panel is unkown.
 
if the panel is 16ms, do you guys think its worth the buy still?
itd be about 260 for each screen. and i believe the 16ms panel is still an MVA panel.
 
I personally think you can do better. You can almost buy a new, non-refurb VX922 for that price from Dell.ca using a 10% coupon (from joining their spam list, and maybe 5% further savings from visasavings.com). If you look around I bet you can find a more recent VA model around that price as well.

I don't know whether or not ghosting was a problem on the 16ms panelled VP191, but given the risk of the older 16ms panel combined with the risks of a refurb and presumably no possiblity of returning $500+ worth of units, I would say pass on it.
 
Back
Top