Video Desktop Background / Windows XP

pcbananas

Weaksauce
I purchased Video Desktop at www.video-desktop.com because I wanted to play a video as my Windows background. The program works but I'm not so sure about buying from that company.

anyway, does anyone know about other programs that will play video as your desktop background. Windows XP

I don't get it. The program works, and you already bought it from them. What's the problem exactly?

Their website is fucking atrocious though.

worst website i've seen.

i would never order from them.

whoever designed that site is not graphcally literate, which would make me wonder wtf is going on

I don't get it. The program works, and you already bought it from them. What's the problem exactly?

Their website is fucking atrocious though.

I downloaded the 15 day trial and it works fine. I've been looking to purchase something like this for some time and since I thought the program worked well, i went ahead and purchased it. The purchased was through BMTmicro.com which is a company that sells downloadable software. I paid $9.99 using Paypal and I received a link to download a registration executable which does not work. I have emailed BMTmicro as well as Video-Desktop.com's support email address, but as you mentioned, their website sucks big time.

Anyway, I'm currently disputing the $9.99 charge which is not a big deal and i'm trying to find out if anyone knows of another program?

That's about it. I wish i could extend the trial to unlimited use because the program really works great and the system tray exe only uses little memory. of course whatever movie you are playing in the background will utilize some RAM depending on the size, but with 4GB of ram, i'm ok.

I downloaded the 15 day trial and it works fine. I've been looking to purchase something like this for some time and since I thought the program worked well, i went ahead and purchased it. The purchased was through BMTmicro.com which is a company that sells downloadable software. I paid $9.99 using Paypal and I received a link to download a registration executable which does not work. I have emailed BMTmicro as well as Video-Desktop.com's support email address, but as you mentioned, their website sucks big time.

Anyway, I'm currently disputing the $9.99 charge which is not a big deal and i'm trying to find out if anyone knows of another program?

That's about it. I wish i could extend the trial to unlimited use because the program really works great and the system tray exe only uses little memory. of course whatever movie you are playing in the background will utilize some RAM depending on the size, but with 4GB of ram, i'm ok.

This would have been a really good original post ;)

I don't know of any others for XP, but Vista has it, or it's built into Aero at least. Considering you can afford 4GB of RAM, I'm pretty sure you probably have the means to upgrade to Vista. That's about all I can suggest though.

Back