• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Video Card Upgrade

craigmp

n00b
Joined
May 11, 2005
Messages
45
I was looking to upgrade my video card to a Saphire Radeon X800XL. I was wondering if this card would be overkill for my current system and would this system be able to use it to is full potential? Also what is the difference between the OEM and Retail versions on Newegg other than the price? Any other card recommendations? thanks

System Specs:
Abit NF7-S v2
AMD Athlon XP 3200
1024MB Mushkin PC3200
2 X 30 GB Western Digital Raptors
Radeon 9800 Pro
 
Sounds like a good match to me. XP3200 is still a decent system and should drive that x800xl just fine with a noticeable increase fron the 9800 Pro. OEM usually means just the card in a white box with no driver disks or cables or games or demo's or nuthin. If you don't care about that stuff then OEM is fine and of course you know you can get the drivers right off of ATI's website. Only OEM stuff I ever buy is drives. Cpu's and vidcards I've always bought retail package.
Only other possible suggestion would be 6800GT. With either of the cards mentioned, I would be curious about your power supply.
 
That should be plenty.
Just pick whichever is cheaper between x800xl and 6800GT.
 
Back
Top