Video Card Dilemma...!

BakedGoods

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jul 23, 2004
Messages
312
I'm trying to buy a budget computer, it'll be an AGP slotter as well, so which video card is the best choice? I'd like something that'll run Half Life 2 and Battlefield 2 smoothly.

9600 XT
6200 256MB
(or any other nVidia/ATi equivilent under $100ish)

Thanks for the help!
 
You can probably find a 9800SE for a tad under 100, but what rez are you planning to use for gaming?
 
Thanks for the reply Tazz. I'm planning on running at 1024x768 or higher if possible. That's kind of what I'm aiming for a 256MB card.

=)
 
why AGP? what CPU and other parts do you plan on using? an x600 XT and a 6200 are still budget on PCIe and there are TONS of solid budget boards for both intel AND AMD, AGP is pointless now... unless your going socket A? but i HIGHLY discourage that as they stopped making anything and everything socket A... (Processors...)
 
Back
Top