Very Cheap Work Computer!(Pics, Beware!)

Ruffy

[H]ard|Gawd
Check it out
Specs :
2400+ Sempron Retail
1Gig Corsair Value Select 3200 Cas 2.5(2x512)
80Gig Seagate 7200Rpm 8mb IDE
CMV - 15"LCD Model CT-520D (Very surprised how nice it was for a 170 dollar lcd)
52X CDRW OPTORITE
AOPEN XC CUBE EZ18 WHITE SFF, Nforce2 Mobo, 200Watt PPC PSU, Built in GF2 MX 400 Dual VGA Out
Windows XP Professional

Came out to $773 Shipped

Pics
IMG_4137.jpg

IMG_4140.jpg

IMG_r4146.jpg

IMG_4143.jpg

IMG_4147.jpg

IMG_4148.jpg

IMG_4150.jpg

Old thread talking about it and my stupid problem here(My error, I was very lucky)

http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=908453

It's why it was chosen+ the fact that it was a nforce2 with dual vga.

The layout is really nice, the HSF could use some work, could use some better cooling.
But most of the wires are tucked away/tied, Very easy to get things in and out. And the inside slook decent compared to shuttles at that price.

what is up with the ram? does it have little protectors for it or something?

edit hmm nm, heatspreaders?

shoes said:
what is up with the ram? does it have little protectors for it or something?

edit hmm nm, heatspreaders?

cheap heatspreaders from svc. Thats my old ram(I'm now running geil, still value ram but has better timing)

And everyone says heatspreaders do nothing, but It stablized my previous overclock. Without them My system would randomly reboot at 2.4ghz+

yea a lot of people are using those lcd's at lumenlab.com. Can't think of one person that wasn't impressed with its picture, be sure to test out both dvi and vga if you can.

urgh , case is nice ipod look , but interns is a bit tacky 4 my liking. mebbe coz i have 5 shuttles :cool:

SJetski71 said:
yea a lot of people are using those lcd's at lumenlab.com. Can't think of one person that wasn't impressed with its picture, be sure to test out both dvi and vga if you can.

i'll be building more of them so I'll def be testing the dvi later

is the cpu fan/psu fan loud? im thinking about one of those cases but a little weary bc im picky about having quiet computers

Nice and clean dude. Good stuff.

Oh and I do have a suggestion, too. Have you ever thought about putting a Zalman NB heatsink in that box? Me thinks it would cool alot better for about $10 bucks.

br0k3nman said:
I could never work on an LCD that small.
I'm not the one working on it. So all is well. I tried to push 19" LCDs but no go.

BlueRacer said:
is the cpu fan/psu fan loud? im thinking about one of those cases but a little weary bc im picky about having quiet computers
Its quiet when its not running Full speed(Temp control)
I wouldnt trust this case/hsf for a hot running chip.

LeArN2LiVe said:
Nice and clean dude. Good stuff.

Oh and I do have a suggestion, too. Have you ever thought about putting a Zalman NB heatsink in that box? Me thinks it would cool alot better for about $10 bucks.
I hate messing with NB/VGA HSF's. But Its a consideration if i have to do another.

My next SFF Work PC is a Shuttle s754 I Just built. Pics/Thread later

Back