Vaulter's new "Pay the bills, feed the monster" thread, lots 'o goodies (PC/Firearm)

Vaulter98c

[H]ard|DCer of the Month - October 2009
OK, here we go again, yet another round of wow I'm a dumbass and have too many medical bills (fun fact, the week I broke my hand was the week I finished paying off the whole Crohn's mess). I've been needing to downsize anyways since my fiance of over 5 1/2 years has decided that a settled down and mature farm/military life was too much for her so she went off to be a party whore and left me with a lifestyle I spent 3 years and tens of thousands to build for 2 now with only 1 person paying bills. SOOOOOO...... I need to downsize so I can jump ontop of all my bills and maybe get back into the upgrade loop come spring time.

Anyways, I'm at work right now but I'll post what I remember and we will just go from there later. If y'all need pics let me know but most of this stuff is pretty common so I don't think it's needed

Computer Related

Naked GX2 - 85$ shipped (10k-11k PPD)
Been running this a few months straight until last month with no problems, it's naked to help with heat. I'd suggest using this for in a rig with a case unless you are like me and have a folding room you can secure to keep pets/children/nosy people from touching the exposed card. Not really a problem for normal use, many people here have run cards naked. OC's 2 steppings below the 8800GT so not a bad OC I must say. I found a set of covers for a GX2 (not sure if it was this exact one) but I'm not sure if I have the screws, cover will come with card anyways tho

Cisco Catalyst 2900 series 24port switch- ??$ shipped, make a good offer

Was a working pull, havn't had a chance to test it myself but I have no reason to believe it doesnt work. If It does, I'll front shipping to send it back. Anyways, bad ass switch, what we trained on in the Army, stumbled on one last month at an auction for my old school (my old home town is finally getting a new one) and I knew the IT guy, he said it was fine. I have no clue of the prices these should go for, so either bump with a price I should ask for or PM me, even if you arent interested cuz I have no friggin Idea where to start.

Gigabyte GA-K8NE mobo + Semperon 3000 + 1GB (512x2) PC 3200 RAM - 30$ shipped
Again, great little rig, has PCIx16 and two PCIx 1x slots, and a few PCI, was my gamer rig before I got the XFX board, great for parents and kids as well.

D-Link DL-524 Wireless Router - 18$ shippedCheap and simple wireless, used it in the wood shop at my old man's house so all the extra ports were taped over to prevent dust problems. He wanted to step up to N tho (no idea why lol) so here it is now. Comes with power plug and I think I've got a short cable with it as well.

4 GB DDR2 Server Ram - 35$ shipped
turns out this was ecc server ram, not desktop ram. 4x 1gig sticks, silver heatspreaders.
http://www.memoryten.com/pc/006424/DDR2-240p-PC2-5300EFB-1GB/

Firearm/Tactical Related (No California sales unless it's not firearm related)

USGI-style Colt stamped 20rnd AR15 Magazine - 8$ plus actual shipping each, buy in bulk!!
USGI-style mags made by colt, they have the old USGI followers in them. Not a bad mag, but for less than 3$ each you can buy your own new mag-pull followers and swap them out making some great little mags, I've done this to 10 I'm going to keep already. I think I have between 16-20 I'm getting rid of so let me know how many you want and I'll find the cheapest way to ship them. (CONUS only!!)

USGI-style "misc brands" 20rnd AR15 Magazine - 7$ plus actual shipping each, buy in bulk!!
Same thing as above but from a few other brands besides Colt

M16A3-A4/AR15 flat-top Carrying Handle and Rear Sight Group - Make me a good offer
This is the carry handle from my Bushmaster A3 flat-top AR15, it can attack to any railed flat upper. It has the rear sight group in it like they all do. Great if you find a killer deal on an AR but it is optics ready and doesnt have the rear sight/handle, now you'll have sights! Not sure on a price so make me a reasonable offer

Desert Combat Boots, 9XW, Hot Weather, Standard Issue, Brand New - 60$
Brand new pair of standard issue 9XW hot weater tan boots. Finally got my new issues last month and they gave me the wrong damn size for the third time. I've been trying to get new boots for almost 4 years and keep getting screwed so I bought my own. Selling the issue ones to help recoup the costs. Standard Amry issue hot weather (not cold weather, there is a diff) desert boots.

Black 2L Camelback w/ insulated hose and Velcro name tape area - 15$ shipped each/24$ for the pair
Pretty simple actually, 2L camel back, black, black insulated hose, bite valve with QD and shutoff and bite piece cover. Has the velcro area on the back for standard issue size name tapes, but while ACU or multicam or Marpat or whatever branch you are looks good with black, I'd suggest getting black tapes with white letters, looks very classy, and is great for civilians too then. I have two of these I think, they've been washed out completely by hand and bleached and washed again but have been in storage for almost 2 years, wouldnt hurt to atleast rinse it out.

MORE TO COME LATER!!!

And the details now...

My Heatware
http://heatware.com/eval.php?id=66231
I don't keep up on this that much due to my high level of traffic in small sales here and there, but it's at 41 for now. Also has my eBay name in there, but I guess those are no good here, but it's still nice to know.

My Terms
Paypal only (unless local, but I'd still prefer paypal to keep it easy to track)
I prefer non CC and mehtods that do not involve extra fees
I usually ship USPS 2-3 day priority, tracking numbers are mandatory
If you want to go UPS or have insurance, I can work with that, but may cost a buck or two more
Paypal is my forum name @ Gmail.com

If there is anything I forgot or anything you want to know, let me know! Thanks for looking!

UPDATES (to save on useless bumps)

---

Last edited:
be careful with those firearm parts, shipping to Cali could make you a felon. :)

Im interested in that $30 ram, is it ECC?

they cant even do 20 rnd's there anymore? OK, well, I guess no Cali sales, friggin liberals and their california laws lol

Umm, I'm not sure, I dont think so, I'll double check tomorrow, im at work now

Wow, not shipping anything weapon related to Cali, I knew they were tough but that chart just blew my mind. I could never step foot in that state with my stuff lol

not only that but we have to deal with ignorant cops and firing ranges :(

that flowchart has to be taken inside the same case as the rifle, just incase we get pulled over

RAM is pending., just had a folder offer 80 for the whole stack, hope to add more parts over the next few days

I'll take the Q6600 and the naked 8800gt. I have not used PayPal in so long I have to figure out my login again.

Roger, q66 and 88GT gone now, gonna add a cheap dual core and a P4 later tomorrow, and 1-2 more mobo's
Posted via [H] Mobile Device

How many mags do you have?

I'm thinking of picking up a AR-15. This would get me some mags a lot cheaper than retail.

Like 16-20 colts, 10 off brands? If you don't mind a tad of 100 mph tape you can put magpul followers in them for 3$ each and make some nice little mags.

The 20rd mags are great range mags, even with the stock followers. I have plenty, but bump for a good deal.

I agree with SazanEyes, they're great for zeroing in and plinking. I know this is kinda OT, but reading through this thread has me wondering how many of us [H]orde members have AR's now? :D

AR's are great, but I love my SKS for plinking since the ammo is so cheap.

Bumpo with a handfull of new Mobo's and what not, and please, if you PM me for a purchase, let me know that youre a folder so I don't ask the wrong price!! Also, Paypal cleared today so purchased items ship tomorrow!!

bump with updates, and if you guys have PM'd me, please reply to the replies I sent you, lots on interest on some of these things and I just want to be fair

bump updated the list to be current, gonna add some ECC DDR333 Reg memory tomorrow, incase we got anyone making an older server lol

The GX2 is relevant to my interests - if I recall from prior research, if I run this in a headless box will I need some sort of fangled dummy adapters to make it happy?

Nope, just run the latest drivers. No dummy plug required.

bump for you since it seems like you will need it soon enough anyhow :)

GX2 is still here!! All mobo's (all 5 of them lol) are gone except the old AMD rig

i may buy the amd rig off you but not til next month if its still available then.. have a bunch of stuff i need to pay for at the beginning of the month.. need to make sure i have enough :D

ok i have the money just need to go out and buy a pre-paid card so i can transfer some money to my paypal account since i dont have a bank account.. should have that done on monday or tuesday hopefully.. yay time for some more fun sempron 3000+ overclocking :D luckly i have my sempron 3100+ as back up incase i kill it :D just out curiousity does it have a heatsink with it? either way i can move the heatsink from my athlon 64 3200+ system and put the water cooling back on that..

Last edited:
Back